• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Detective #168 - Grade is In!

20 posts in this topic

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I've already sent this off to CGC for pressing and grading so I can't take any more, but I really hoping this grades well.

There are no issues on the back or on any of the pages. Staples are both attached and no splitting or rust. Only defects that I see are Spine alignment and the color breaking creases.

Pages look not too tan and I didn't see any stains or foxxing.

Detective 168 Front.jpg

Detective 168 P1.jpg

Edited by DaveE

I would have said around a 5.0 from the original pix due to the heavy spine wear, creases and large spine roll, a 6.0 shows just what a c&p can do. It's the c&p that raised it imo. Shows that for the relatively very small expense that it is really worth doing.

Anyone know why the c&p didn't eliminate all of the spine roll though as even afterwards I can see that it is still there but just not as bad.

In handling the book before, I would say they probably removed as much as they were comfortable doing without causing any negatives. While the book is not very brittle, I was wondering when I sent it in how much they would be able to fix. I also noticed that the wear cracks on the spine look much better after the c&p.