• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A Peak at Gael Monfils (Professional Tennis Player) Avengers Comic Collection

11 posts in this topic

I just saw a quick peak of Gael Monfils' Avengers collection. I remember when Black Panther came out, he would do the Wakanda greeting after his matches. It starts at the 3.25 minute mark if the direct time link doesn't work.

He has his comics in bags and boards on shelves. That's old school, I would do that too back in the day. Looks like he might have back to Avengers #1 though. Someone should introduce him to CGC. And perhaps Hot Toys as well unless he has those somewhere else. I see those small cute version figures in boxes that people like to display for some reason. Naomi called them "dolls."

Edited by GeneticNinja

A little snippet for the theme collectors. I know there are quite a few so start showing them! I know there are quite a few involving Archie's friends and lots of funny animal and misc. assorted characters.

IMG_2494.JPG

IMG_2495.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2502.JPG

Edited by Cobbledclam
Additional info

12 hours ago, Jake The Snake said:

No!! :sumo: He's doing it the right way now, introducing CGC would only ruin it.

12 hours ago, october said:

Thought the exact same thing.

Why would CGC ruin it? Even though the majority of my collection is in mylar and full backs. For me, once you start talking about old key comics in high grade, which is usually 8 or 8.5 and up. Then I tend to say get them graded and slabbed. Or display them separately in the mylar so you don't run the risk of any sort of movement damage. But perhaps he reads them and they are all reading quality. I know I still have my reading copy of many old comics. But when I upgrade, they will be in slabs.

Also, I remember reading something in the Overstreet Guide once that talked about the potential for flip damage. Although that example was with comics in a box. Still when you are talking old, high grade comics, why take the risk?