• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Solar boy Magazine Thread—50% off now 6/7
3 3

459 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I was thinking of doing a Magazine only thread but not sure of the amount of interest in these on the boards.  I was planning of selling them very cheap because im not really a magazine collector.  I might throw in some hard covers as well and some random odd ball stuff.  Please let me know if that's a good idea and to comply with the rules here is a sample comic.  If i get a lot of positive feedback ill post them.  If not that Star wars will just be it.  I have Magic, Planet of the Apes, Heavy Metal, Starlog, Six million dollar man, Rampaging Hulk, The deadly hands of kung fu, Sick, warrior,Goblin, star trek and screen thrillers just to name some.  Your feedback is greatly appreciated......I will make sure they are cheap for those who collect.....thank you.

Now for the:

:rulez:

•   No PL/HOS members

•  First  :takeit: trumps all PM negotiations.  Once we agree in PM then you can post the Take.  Thanks

•  I'll take Paypal, Money Order or Check for this sale.  Thank you

• When the thread is over an invoice will be sent with my address and paypal info.

•  I'll expect payment within 3 calendar days of invoice, or the book will be available for sale again (unless we've made other payment arrangements)

• USA: $15.05 for Priority Shipping for 1-15 Magazines

• USA: $21.05 for Priority Shipping for 16-35 Magazines

•  Canada: $25 for Shipping. Overseas- Shipping at cost. I only ship overseas to established board members that ive dealt with.

• General Policy: I Will NOT Accept returns on graded comics....sowwy but for Raw magazines and Comics I will within 30 days of receipt.....

Edited by SOLAR BOY

6 minutes ago, Chazgee said:

I would lament having sold all of my NM '70s Treasuries, but I still have my Alex Ross DC Set.

I think there’s an engineering reason that they don’t isn’t there?   Think I heard that a slab that big wouldn’t hold up.

Just now, ChasingKingKirby said:

I think there’s an engineering reason that they don’t isn’t there?   Think I heard that a slab that big wouldn’t hold up.

Yup, that's exactly what I heard as well.

13 minutes ago, Stevemmg said:

Between all the shipping damage and tooling costs to make the shells, a money losing project unless they charged a ridiculous amount to do it. 

It’s an unexploited market.   The money is there for someone.  I know startup costs are probably daunting.

1 hour ago, ChasingKingKirby said:

It’s counterintuitive.  You would think the larger the slab the more heavy-duty it would be but it’s the opposite. 

You could throw a graded trading card at someone and seriously hurt them. 

You throw a grade magazine at someone and it’s more likely the slab will shatter like an egg.  

That’s the way feels anyway. 

Ok Since we have interest here is what im going to do.......list 20 magazines now.......tomorrow list a bunch prob 20-60 of them and do the same thing on tuesday............starting to post now......thanks