• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you estimate the value to be?

13 posts in this topic

I have no clue what it is? Any ideas? Seller had it in a collection of unidentified art. 

What I know. 

Artsist: Ernie Colon

Maybe from John Carter?

There are 3 parts or pieces. The transparency mounted to the white backing is original pencil or marker/pen. The art is also duplicated so we also have here what looks to be a transparency of the original art on transparent media, and the blue page is plastic/overlay with original white out and other color used as an effect. Any thoughts on what this is?

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.6c325428480414ae10efe0c9c5e91475.jpg

s-l1600-2.thumb.jpg.5b76ab081e5cecacef38e17e6771ed3e.jpg

s-l1600-3.thumb.jpg.448acee9167f28b5e06118fef25d8592.jpg

s-l1600-8.thumb.jpg.ae8e27aa4719110c310b9acaa43259fc.jpg

s-l1600-5.thumb.jpg.d5c508de043e848c4fec3f62538dac73.jpg

s-l1600-6.thumb.jpg.fba291b3c43261c8b5ec5066abdd6990.jpg

Edited by Blastaar

1 hour ago, The Voord said:

Looks a bit messy in terms of various components in need of separate framed displays.  No idea what the market is for Ernie's work but I'd say $500 tops. 2c

So is that $500.02?

Tops I heard so far is $2,000. No known heroes probably knocks it down but it is unique and detailed. Nice Bronze Age comic might help. Who knows? Just trying to figure out a decent price to move it for a trade. 

Is it still considered a DPS if it’s all done on one 11x17 but displayed in the publication as a DPS?

9 hours ago, Blastaar said:

So is that $500.02?

Tops I heard so far is $2,000. No known heroes probably knocks it down but it is unique and detailed. Nice Bronze Age comic might help. Who knows? Just trying to figure out a decent price to move it for a trade. 

Is it still considered a DPS if it’s all done on one 11x17 but displayed in the publication as a DPS?

DPS, yes, absolutely.

Lots of Ernie Colon art up For Sale on CAF's Dealer's listings, mostly very affordable with starting prices of $75 upwards for panel pages and some unused covers for under $500.  Maybe you should compare what you have against what's For Sale to arrive at an informed opinion regarding value?

3 hours ago, malvin said:

It sounds like you got it cheap, and it's not something you collect so you want to sell and buy something that fits your collection alley.

Why don't you just consign it to comiclink and let it ride?

At the end of the day, if you promote it and it's on clink, what it sells for is pretty much market value. If you make money, great. If you lose money.  I suspect it won't be a lot, and if this is not something you collect, you might as well divert that cash into something else that you like.

Malvin

Good advice. Thanks.