• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Posting because I was asked to regarding interaction with @Bio-Rupp
4 4

39 posts in this topic

1 - communicated with seller a few times on a large sales thread...bought many books at asking and bought some per PM discount...asked seller if he would consider a volume discount rather than negotiating over every $3 or $5 book...seller provided discount

2 - new sales thread...sent PM offer, bought one book outright...didn't care for my perceived dismissive attitude of seller's response (though I acknowledge his right to respond as he sees fit) so decided I would not purchase anything further in thread...noticed it would cost a lot to ship only the one book, told seller to scratch my buy...he sent PM reminding board rules, etc. laced with pretension...I realized he was correct in the fact I should stand behind my offer to purchase, so I did but donated to book back to seller but took issue with his attitude...seller sent personally derogatory remarks...I asked him to stop, but he continued and asked me to air this publicly...don't really feel that's necessary, but I'm also not inclined to back away from a challenge and I don't feel I was in the wrong with the exception of when I asked him to scratch the buy, which I quickly changed course and paid for..in that regard, he was correct...chalk that up to personal temporary frustration, as I never back out of a buy...honestly it was all down to attitude on this one

Seller's last communication mentioned our past PM discussions, etc. and how he still has access to them.  I'll save us the trouble and post them chronologically below.

Man,

Loving the thread....as I'm sure you can tell!  Hopefully I've built up some goodwill for my offer lol.  Would you take $15 for Star Fems and First Kingdom?  If so, you can add them to my pile.

Troy

On 2/28/2020 at 11:07 AM, Comical Situations said:

Man,

Loving the thread....as I'm sure you can tell!  Hopefully I've built up some goodwill for my offer lol.  Would you take $15 for Star Fems and First Kingdom?  If so, you can add them to my pile.

Troy

I'll say you have built up some goodwill lol 

That's a very fair offer for those two and consider them added to the pile.

Many thanks and I appreciate it !

xxx ooo

Rupp

That's not Todd on the Spawn 1 correct?  Doesn't look like him...whose sig is that? 

Never mind, just finished reading the description.  Please disregard lol.

Howdy,

Would $42 get the deal done for 1 Jeannie; 1 Lobo set; 1 X-Men 1; Phoenix set and the heroes set?  If so, I'll take em in the thread.  Let me know please!

On 2/28/2020 at 4:14 PM, Comical Situations said:

Howdy,

Would $42 get the deal done for 1 Jeannie; 1 Lobo set; 1 X-Men 1; Phoenix set and the heroes set?  If so, I'll take em in the thread.  Let me know please!

Sorry Troy... that's $70 worth of stuff right there with the Heroes in Crisis set already close to half cover price... how's about $60 for the bunch?

Let's take out jeannie and lobo then...without those will 30 do it?

I took em in the thread.  Thanks

Just got in from my sisters house buddy... sorry I didn't get back quicker.

I'll toss that X-men 1 in for free on that load you just snagged in the thread.  It's hard to lose too much more on some of this stuff.

Thanks again pal and I'll try to answer sooner next time :D 

xxx ooo

Rupp

Oh no worries at all man....I wasn't trying to be a smarta*s or snarky.  Was just letting you know I took them as asking price, but thank you for throwing in the X-Men.  I appreciate it.  Are you listing any more tonight?

• Said it before and I'll say it again...love the thread man...I'll have reading material for weeks...I'm really glad I stumbled across it...since Im buying what I figure has to be about 80-85% of your thread straight out (making offers and waiting for response was putting us too far behind 👍) if you felt like throwing me a bulk buyer discount at checkout, I wouldn't argue with you xD

The main thing you probably need to worry about is shipping cost. 

I'm going to have to get all this boxed up and see what the options are... I would say to brace yourself no matter what lol 

That said... I appreciate you.  You are the man !

xxx ooo

Rupp

Paid thanks.  Please do not remove backing boards or put more than one comic in a bag.  I've had books shipped this way and HATE it.  The post office is very rough with packages and I'd rather pay a few extra bucks and preserve the comics.  Thank you.  

Troy

A lot of the sets are in magazine bags and taped shut and some are double bagged.  Just the way they've been stored.  If I've got some extra bag and boards lying around , I'll do what I can ;)

Thanks again,

xxx ooo

Rupp

That's fine if they dont already have boards...I just wouldn't want boards pulled out...thx

Alright Troy, got all three boxes taken to the post office and weighed.

Total shipping cost is $133.

(60.85, 58.20, & 13.95...all insured via priority mail)

Just pop the $133 to the same PayPal address....

Ok Troy, here is a partial invoice that I'm breaking down into two separate invoices for ease and clarity.

This invoice is your total before shipping charges.  I have no idea what shipping is going to be until I get all this boxed and to the post office.

I should have you the 2nd invoice sent by the end of the week... it's a lot to pack safely and properly to get the best shipping quote.  I will probably take out some of the backing boards to reduce the weight to get you a lower price. 

I , of course, will still pack everything well to prevent damage.  I love bubble wrap lol   

You can go ahead and pay this one, and when I get the shipping quote, I will send a second invoice with that total for you to pay for shipping.

Here we go...

BLOODSTONE 2,3,4 - $15

GL 1-7, ANN1 - $20

ACTION 500,600,700,800 - $10

INC HULK 441 - $13

SILVER SURF LOT 1-15 - $30

AMALGAM LOT - $25

GRIDER LOT - $30

MAX CARNAGE LOT 2,5,11 - $10

BLUE BEETLE LOT - $50

TWISTED TALES 1,2,3 - $10

SPAWN 300 - $8 X 4 = $36

VAMPI CROSSOVER GAL 1 - $10

VENOM 1,4 - $15

VENOMIZED PX EXC - $8

MS MARVEL 2006 1 - $8

TOXIN 1,2 - $10

BATTLE CHAS LOT - $25

DANGER GIRL LOT - $25

STAR FEMS / FIRST KINGDOM MAGS - BOTH FOR $15

PHOE ENGSONG 123/X-MEN 1/HEROES CRISIS SET - ALL FOR $35

SPIDERWOMAN BENDIS LOT - $20

DEAD MAN LOGAN LOT - $25

JLA 2006 LOT - $25

UNBEL GWEN LOT - $10

EX MACH 123 - $15

TURNER SUPS SET - $8

SUPS 204 THRU 209 - $12

DN METAL 1THRU6 - $20

ANIMAL MYSTIC LOT - $10

TEEN MURDER BAIT - $15

BLACK N WWOMAN SET - $10

MORBIUS SET - $10

SYMBIOTE SPM SET - $15

BANZAI GIRL SET - $20

ELVIRA SET - $25

DAZZLER SET 1-8 - $10

SWAMP THING SET - $25

D NIGHTS 11 BOOK LOT - $40

KINGDOM COME SET - $20

GALACTUS ORIGIN - $15

AVENGERS NROADH SET - $15

CA 1,2,3,3,4 - $10

CROW 1,2 - $25

BETTIE PAGE LOT - $20

ROCKETEER LOT - $25

VENOM SEP ANX SET - $10

VENOM MACE SET - $10

VENOM ENEMY SET - $10

VENOM MADNESS SET - $10

VENOM FUNERAL SET - $10

BACK IN BLACK LOT - $20

SPIDERGWEN 24 - $20

JSA 9 - $5

SPIRIT OF VENOM SET - $10

EDGE VENOMVERSE 1 - $4

WW 64 - $5

WW 65 - $5

SUPER G 17 - $5

SUPER G 20 - $5

HARLEY 59 - $5

BUBBA HO 3,4 - $6

HUNT WOLV WEAPLOST SET - $10

RET OF WOLV SET - $10

CAPT MARVEL 1,2,3,4 - $20

P APES GL LOT - $18

INJUS / HEMAN LOT - $15

SPIDERGEDD LOT - $15

EDGE SPIDERGEDD LOT - $10

COLD CATS 1-5 - $13

BATGIRL 2-6 - $20

ALP FLIGHT LOT - $30

SPIDERW 2,4,5 - $20

BLACK CAT 1,5,6 - $10

MGN DEATH CAPT MAR 2ND PR - $15

XFORCE CGC 8 & 11 - $60

=====================

$1247 - $47 DISCOUNT = $1200 ...DUE BEFORE SHIPPING CHARGE OF FORTHCOMING 2ND INVOICE

My paypal addy is under the following...

Paid thanks.  Please do not remove backing boards or put more than one comic in a bag.  I've had books shipped this way and HATE it.  The post office is very rough with packages and I'd rather pay a few extra bucks and preserve the comics.  Thank you.  

Troy

A lot of the sets are in magazine bags and taped shut and some are double bagged.  Just the way they've been stored.  If I've got some extra bag and boards lying around , I'll do what I can ;)

Thanks again,

xxx ooo

Rupp

That's fine if they dont already have boards...I just wouldn't want boards pulled out...thx

Alright Troy, got all three boxes taken to the post office and weighed.

Total shipping cost is $133.

(60.85, 58.20, & 13.95...all insured via priority mail)

Just pop the $133 to the same PayPal address....

Paid...thank you...and I'll put you on my Christmas card list if there is any way to get them mailed today please?  😁 I was really looking forward to having them for the weekend and if mailed today that might still be possible.  

Can't get off work in time today for the big boxes... but I will take them to the PO early tmrw morning.

The one box with the slabs and mags shipped out today though.

9505 8132 5801 0065 3401 06

The tornado put me one day behind :( ... sorry about that.

Thanks again !

xxx ooo

Rupp

9506 1132 5803 0066 4411 76

9506 1132 5803 0066 4411 69

These two on the way today !

xxx ooo

Rupp

Howdy Troy and thanks for jumping in and snagging books from the thread.  Here is the invoice :)     

AQUAMAN LOT - 60

DC VS MARV 1 COPY A - 10

DC VS MARV 2 - 8

DC VS MARV 4 - 10

X23 LOT - 30

DR STRANGE LOT - 25

RB JUSTICE L LOT - 55

FRIENDLY N SPM LOT - 30

RB FLASH LOT - 35

MAN OF STEEL LOT - 15

MERA LOT - 15

NO JUSTICE LOT - 10

SEN SHE HULK LOT - 30

UNC XMEN LOT - 45

FEMALE FURIES LOT - 15

RB SUPERGIRL LOT - 35

RB NEW SUPS LOT - 30

RB SUPERSONS LOT - 30

DIAL H FOR HERO LOT - 15

=====================

$503.00 + $50 SHIPPING (APPROX 37 LBS IN A WELL PACKED SHORT BOX LIKE BEFORE SHIPPED TO 49252)

= $553.00 - $28 GOOD BUDDY DISCOUNT = $525 TOTAL

Please check my math and make sure I didn't miss anything.  ;) 

My paypal addy is under the following...

Thanks man!  Just paid, but I paid 535 because I would like to add the Roger Rabbit GN to my buys.  Can you please mark sold in thread?  Thank you! Shipping is:

will do !

On the way !  Many thanks and stay safe :D 

9506 1132 5803 0079 4453 76

xxx ooo

Rupp

Great thread again!  If you can do 130 for the ASM, X-Men, GL and Batman books I'm a player.

Troy

Which ASM?  Already discounted a lot on these, but something to think about.

Hope you're doing well during all this pandemic stuff.

xxx ooo

Rupp

All the large omnis I've bought I paid around 45 regardless of title or subject, so that's where I'm looking to buy on the larger ones.  Smaller ones depends on subject, etc.

Gotcha ;) 

Something to think about :D 

xxx ooo

Rupp

You can go ahead and scratch my take from the thread please.  I won't be buying anything else and just realized the shipping is 14 bucks for the one book and I'm not paying to ship one.  thanks

I'm going to be posting until mid next week...plenty more coming.

On 5/23/2020 at 9:44 PM, Comical Situations said:

You can go ahead and scratch my take from the thread please.  I won't be buying anything else and just realized the shipping is 14 bucks for the one book and I'm not paying to ship one.  thanks

Hey Troy,

Just got around to re-reading and understanding your PM.  I'm not sure what's wrong based on your tone in the above message.  I'm here to answer whatever questions you have as soon as I can get them.

Please note that a :takeit: in the thread or via PM is a binding contract between seller and buyer here on the boards.  We just don't cancel out around here without a reason.  It's bad business and generally a bad practice... especially with no reason.   

We've dealt successfully in the past on some hefty sales, so if I can answer any questions for you, please don't hesitate to ask.

That said, if you're finished buying this go-around even though the thread isn't even half completed, then here is your invoice.

THRILLKILLER TPB - $10

$10 + $13.95 SHIPPING = $23.95

Please send payment to the following paypal addy...

Please PM me back your verified shipping address and I will go ahead and get this packed and out asap if you're finished buying this go-around.

Many thanks!

Rupp

I just paid you 10 for the book, since I failed to identify the shipping charges prior to participating in the thread that is on me.  As mentioned previous, I am not paying 14 for shipping.  You can donate to another cause, sell again, or basically do what you wish with the book.  By paying for the book my obligation to you is met, and I'm no longer interested in having it shipped to me.  Please note, this is far from my first board buy and I don't need or want a lecture on board etiquette from you.  I'm also not interested in your viewpoint regarding binding contracts, as you are incorrect as to what constitutes one from a legal standpoint.  That said, I do agree that if I state I will take a book then I should stand behind that....thus the payment.  My reasons are my own and if I felt beholden in some fashion to explain myself to you, I would.  As it stands, I do not.  I am simply not interested in any further transactions at this point.  

5 hours ago, Comical Situations said:

I just paid you 10 for the book, since I failed to identify the shipping charges prior to participating in the thread that is on me.  As mentioned previous, I am not paying 14 for shipping.  You can donate to another cause, sell again, or basically do what you wish with the book.  By paying for the book my obligation to you is met, and I'm no longer interested in having it shipped to me.  Please note, this is far from my first board buy and I don't need or want a lecture on board etiquette from you.  I'm also not interested in your viewpoint regarding binding contracts, as you are incorrect as to what constitutes one from a legal standpoint.  That said, I do agree that if I state I will take a book then I should stand behind that....thus the payment.  My reasons are my own and if I felt beholden in some fashion to explain myself to you, I would.  As it stands, I do not.  I am simply not interested in any further transactions at this point.  

Troy,

Whatever happened with you concerning our dealings is beyond me.  Your tone is incredibly spiteful and harsh.

No lecture was given... just a reminder of board etiquette.  I never said a single thing about any legality concerning this purchase, hence my statement "here on the boards".  This board operates on good faith, of course it's not legally binding.   This may not be your first "board buy" but I've been on the boards about a decade longer than you.  I have been here long enough to be a part of making up the probation list rules and the board etiquette you had to be reminded of.   That said, while no purchase here is legally binding, default on a board purchase could definitely limit your buying on the boards.  That is something neither of us wants.  I just don't get your passive aggressive tone.

I've been happy to deal with you over the past few months even though you constantly ask above and beyond for excessive discounts, which I believe I've fairly accommodated you enough to benefit us both.  Is this is why we have this rift now? 

I'm assuming you didn't appreciate me not accepting your low ball offer above on already heavily discounted items.  I didn't accept the offer because I am here to make as much money as I possibly can all while giving pretty fair deals.  Add to the fact that the thread had just started and there are other buyers out there that I know would pay closer to the price I would want for my already heavily discounted items. 

You telling me what you are "used to paying for an item" really doesn't matter to me.  We could have bartered a little more and met at an agreeable amount, but you chose to end the transaction after stating what you were "used to paying".   I apologize again for deeming your offer too low to accept, but that is my right... and a right that benefited me when I sold some of that merch for more than you were willing to pay. 

If this is the case... and it seems to be... then that is incredibly childish.

I looked back to the sale discounts that I've given you for your large purchases in the past and I deemed them fair to both of us.  I did them because I wanted to, not because I had to.

Regardless, if this is the person that you are, as much as I appreciate you, realize I don't need you.   We will just leave it at that. 

I thank you for paying for the item as well as acknowledging your board obligations.  I will donate your purchase to someone else in the thread and at least turn this negative into a positive for someone ;) 

xxx ooo

Rupp

Your condescension and derisive attitude is noted.  I tried to keep this at least respectful but calling me childish is unacceptable.  Personal attacks are frowned upon as well.  I could care less you've been selling on the boards for a decade...that does not give you carte blanche to make personal attacks on my character.  I made the claim and paid for it end of story.  I dislike your attitude and dismissiveness but never once spoke negatively about your pricing to maintain a modicum of civility yet you have the audacity to accuse me of lowballing.  Regardless if we disagree on pricing, this should not have deteriorated to the low character level you have taken it to.  It's obvious we disagree on many fundamentals and that is fine.  Agree to disagree without personal attacks please.  It's obvious I dont need your books and you dont need me as a customer...I'm fine with that but I won't stand for character assasination regardless of your highly regarded position on the boards.  We can part ways amicably...you have many other customers and I have many other sellers.  Please refrain from further personal attacks.

1 hour ago, Comical Situations said:

Your condescension and derisive attitude is noted.  I tried to keep this at least respectful but calling me childish is unacceptable.  Personal attacks are frowned upon as well.  I could care less you've been selling on the boards for a decade...that does not give you carte blanche to make personal attacks on my character.  I made the claim and paid for it end of story.  I dislike your attitude and dismissiveness but never once spoke negatively about your pricing to maintain a modicum of civility yet you have the audacity to accuse me of lowballing.  Regardless if we disagree on pricing, this should not have deteriorated to the low character level you have taken it to.  It's obvious we disagree on many fundamentals and that is fine.  Agree to disagree without personal attacks please.  It's obvious I dont need your books and you dont need me as a customer...I'm fine with that but I won't stand for character assasination regardless of your highly regarded position on the boards.  We can part ways amicably...you have many other customers and I have many other sellers.  Please refrain from further personal attacks.

It is INCREDIBLY childish to "throw your hands up" and tell me to void our transaction due to my DETAILED AND POSTED shipping costs.  They've been the same during each and every sale for the last few years.  This isn't condescension, its fact.

Also if it wasn't clear, you were LOWBALLING.  You are allowed to lowball, just like I'm allowed to refuse the lowball or just simply brush it off.  I have the unbridled ability to say that in all confidence, especially based on most of our other interactions with one another during other sales.  I still have all the correspondence if you'd like a refresher.

All this has proven is you didn't get what you wanted and reacted with a CHILDISH response.

Tell you what Troy... if you think calling you childish is below a "modicum of civility" and compare to "attacks", then by all means, please start a thread in the Marketplace Probations section about this matter.   If you feel you've been so erroneously vilified by me, I welcome the chance to explain this to our peers.  

A term one learns in childhood is "you are making a mountain out of a molehill".   This applies to you and your childish attitude towards this.  Once you realize that your passive aggressive attitude is unwarranted, maybe you will see your error in judgement.

That said, prove you're right by starting a complaint thread or realize you're wrong in the way you went about this and just apologize. 

If you can't do either of those things, you really have no reason to resume contact with me.  I hate our relationship took this turn, but that's what children do when they don't get what they want I suppose.

xxx ooo

Rupp

I removed all PP/sensitive info....I hope!  I forgot I bought some items in a second sale as well prior to this one until I saw the PMs I just posted.  Again, I don't really feel this needed aired to this extent, but I was asked to do so.  I politely asked seller to refrain from derogatory personal remarks and he doubled down...that's just not okay in my book.

Also I need you to explain this initial statement made by you from your introductory remarks above...

..."my perceived dismissive attitude of seller's response (though I acknowledge his right to respond as he sees fit)".  The "my" here being you Troy, correct?

Are you are saying that you didn't like the fact that my response to your offer (after you told me you could get them cheaper elsewhere) was "Gotcha ;) Something to think about :) xxx ooo Rupp"...

...thus resulting in you wanting cancel the other sale that was verified with a :takeit: ?

Additionally my "Gotcha, something to think about" quote also resulted in you stating this.."I dislike your attitude and dismissiveness" , correct?

Plus I'm still looking for the litany of "personally derogatory remarks" that you noted I have said (shrug)

xxx ooo

Rupp

Edited by Bio-Rupp
just had to add a tad more.

1 hour ago, G G ® said:

This all seems silly to me, and a bit of a storm in a tea cup.

I'm not going to comment on personal remarks and escalation back and forth but I can make two observations. I have no dog in the fight.

1. I can't honestly see anything initially which would have caused offence from seller to buyer. 

2. As a seller you are always grateful when people buy your books, or at least I am, but even a large initial purchase does not entitle a previous buyer to large scale discount in perpertuity going forward.

2c

Agree with all of the above. After reading the initial post I really thought that Bio Rupp was going to come out looking very poorly in this. After reading the pm's there was nothing there that would have bothered me. That said, if I had a customer that was spending that type of cash on a somewhat regular basis, I'd certainly try to keep him happy.

I do understand the frustration of a buyer that hits the "take it" early in a thread for a $5 book, then realizes a few days later that there is nothing else that interests him and he is stuck paying $15 in shipping.

Rupp you have always been a great guy , and very fair in your dealings with me. I appreciate you and your integrity on these boards. I see nothing wrong with what you had done, and I read through the entire posts. 

In my opinion you have always been above board.👍

If you read the actual posts, I've never expected or demanded a continued discount.  Seller states this and it is inaccurate.  My only issue had to do with verbiage and uncalled for character attacks.  Had those things not occurred I'd have left it at paying for the book, donating back to him and possibly been a customer at a later date.  Call me old fashioned, but I dont feel vitriolic communication is called for or an acceptable way to deal with customers.  Anyway Happy Memorial Day!

6 minutes ago, Comical Situations said:

If you read the actual posts, I've never expected or demanded a continued discount.  Seller states this and it is inaccurate.  My only issue had to do with verbiage and uncalled for character attacks.  Had those things not occurred I'd have left it at paying for the book, donating back to him and possibly been a customer at a later date.  Call me old fashioned, but I dont feel vitriolic communication is called for or an acceptable way to deal with customers.  Anyway Happy Memorial Day!

I don't know either of you, and have never dealt with either of you in any capacity- tone is difficult to discern in email and PMs but based solely on what has been posted here, the seller is in the right and you have a chip on your shoulders and are overly sensitive and it pretty much bleeds thru just about every post. Passive aggressive is a good description. Had this been an in-person or phone conversation and not something hanging in the air of PM you wouldn't be stewing about or over-thinking it. It probably never would have happened at all. 

I thought both of you were intelligent and well-composed people but I didn't except this big drama between both of you.

Yes, there are some insensitive remarks and ill-tempted slash here.  It looked like there was one big misunderstanding that already created a monster quarrel between you guys.

Let's settle down and make it a better compromise here instead insulting each other.  Sometimes, there are always screw-ups but it has to be fixed immediately.  I am sorry that I have to say this...grow up and act like adults.