• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AF15 on eBay... green label?

14 posts in this topic

I feel like this grading thing between green, purple, and blue is kind of like when I watch old college basketball games where they have changed the rules and I am sitting there watching and something happens and I think oh wait you can or cannot do that now.

I do not even know . . .

12 minutes ago, SSkufan said:

I feel like this grading thing between green, purple, and blue is kind of like when I watch old college basketball games where they have changed the rules and I am sitting there watching and something happens and I think oh wait you can or cannot do that now.

I do not even know . . .

3E88262D-9E11-4B2B-AB77-F65E2B54F3E5.gif.e9edfcf9f569922844d27cc78f6779a0.gif

Is it a green or a blue? :)

This is my thinking and I'll subject myself to cyber bullying if the boardies think I missed it. 

In my mind this should be a purple label 1.0. - the detached cover gets the grade down,  and the trimming makes it purple. 

Perhaps the submitter requested a qualified grade (the qualification being the detached cover) rather than a purple 1.0.  I don't know if that's possible,  but I believe I've read you can do that with CCS screening? 

And if it fetches 5 figures, then the submitters request paid off.  

16 hours ago, oldrover said:

The trimming caught my eye... should be a PLOD. Unless they’re changing the way they look at trimming... which I doubt. 

I don't think they're ever going to change the way they look at trimming. These type of label errors are common because it completely depends upon which label designation is selected in the menu, and if no one catches it, it goes out the door that way...