• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Amazing Fantasy 15

30 posts in this topic

Question for everyone, as this thread is pretty good example of a concern i've been seeing in big book grade estimates vs smaller book estimates from the same era.  I put the below xmen 10 book up the other day for review, and the consensus was a 3.0, noting the rusty staples is what caused the low grade, which i agree.  The above spidey is getting estimates of 2.5-3.0.  Does anyone else think that these two books from a presentation stand point, are not on the same level?  690216909_s-l1600(4).thumb.jpg.94ca68982ccf398c77caca9e00316417.jpg 

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Yes, I agree there are presentation differences regarding the X10, rusting staples effects the entire book, every wrap, it's structural integrity, etc. so I understand severity with technical grade associated with such as well.  Presentation isn't everything, though highly important in my collecting over the years, with a 'bang for the buck' vg being my fave :)  My AF seems a little more solid spine wise and overall cover appearance top to bottom.  I see the rear cover pulling that book up from lower, but just my opinion.  The rear cover on mine is clearly in need of a clean, but the bottom edge chipping is the most severe downgrade I believe. So the rear cover I believe pulls that one up, and in my case pulls it down.  I still think its a 2 minimum, a 2.25 is in order, with a 2.5 possible with clean.  But...we'll see.

2 hours ago, jtrias00 said:

Also, didn't mean to go off topic.  I'd give the spidey a 1.8 if i was estimating.

22 minutes ago, williamhlawson said:

Yes, I agree there are presentation differences regarding the X10, rusting staples effects the entire book, every wrap, it's structural integrity, etc. so I understand severity with technical grade associated with such as well.  Presentation isn't everything, though highly important in my collecting over the years, with a 'bang for the buck' vg being my fave :)  My AF seems a little more solid spine wise and overall cover appearance top to bottom.  I see the rear cover pulling that book up from lower, but just my opinion.  The rear cover on mine is clearly in need of a clean, but the bottom edge chipping is the most severe downgrade I believe. So the rear cover I believe pulls that one up, and in my case pulls it down.  I still think its a 2 minimum, a 2.25 is in order, with a 2.5 possible with clean.  But...we'll see.

I agree with you on your book.  I think if the conditions of your af15 and my xmen 10 were flipped, the estimates would come back higher on the af15 and lower on the xmen 10. I could be off base, just my observation.