• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are These the Same Book?
2 2

116 posts in this topic

I got a raw X-Men 1 in a trade with another collector. He said he purchased the book raw, and the dealer told him it was unrestored. The first scan is what he sent me.

After the first excitement of getting an X-Men 1, I started to wonder if I could check out eBay's advanced search to see where he might have gotten the book. I looked closely at the following scans, and I was aghast when I studied them closely.

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I have a feeling I was taken for a ride. What do you folks think?

s-l1600 (53).jpg

s-l1600 (57).jpg

s-l1600 (58).jpg

s-l1600 (59).jpg

51 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Same book. Sorry that happened to you. Knowingly breaking out a purple book and then selling it as raw is indefensible. Can you get your money back?

That's what I'm about to start working on.

Thanks, guys. I'll out this guy in a second when I look at my emails.

2 minutes ago, october said:

Sorry that happened to you. :(

Good detective work though, 100% the same copy. 

I just had a bad feeling. Really, it's partially my fault for getting involved with raw books of this nature. Too many Danny Dupcak's out there.

13 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Any chance of undoing the trade?

He was.very evasive in an email I received this morning, and also defensive. After  pointing out his lies, he said the trimmed book "presented the best out of many other copies(!) Who cares about presentation when a book has been mutilated! 

10 minutes ago, OuterboroGuy said:

He posted on here last month asking about an AF 15

So he's a boardie. :hm