• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are These the Same Book?
2 2

116 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I sent it back to him today, so now he's stuck with it. We should all keep an eye on eBay to see if he tries to sell it there.

How long til we see polished_gem_comics selling it as a straight off the rack unrestored 7.0?

12 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

I sent it back to him today, so now he's stuck with it. We should all keep an eye on eBay to see if he tries to sell it there.

I would be happy to own that book even with it's restoration/trimming etc. I wouldn't pay anywhere near that much for it though -- maybe $50 (way less than it has to be worth-- worts and  all). What is it realistically worth or is it basically worthless (short of my $50). I'd have to assume it is still somewhere around $1500 in realistic value. No idea-- is there GPA analysis for PLOD  3.0 books?

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

I would be happy to own that book even with it's restoration/trimming etc. I wouldn't pay anywhere near that much for it though -- maybe $50 (way less than it has to be worth-- worts and  all). What is it realistically worth or is it basically worthless (short of my $50). I'd have to assume it is still somewhere around $1500 in realistic value. No idea-- is there GPA analysis for PLOD  3.0 books?

It appears this seller bought it off of eBay and it's showing on GPA as a CGC 3.0 (A) restored/trimmed copy that sold for $3,650 on May 5th, 2020.

If we ignore the CGC 3.0 (cover trimmed) listing on GPA.....and focus on only the similar CGC 3.0 (trimmed) GPA listings......this is what I found:

Note: 

(SA) would be slight amateur restoration 

(C1) indicates on the Quality/Aesthetic scale it's rated as "C" or  "Poor" and on the Quantity scale it's rated as "1" or "Slight"

(A) would be amateur restoration

CGC 3.0 (SA) trimmed sold for $645 in 2011

CGC 3.0 (SA) trimmed sold for $999 in 2012

CGC 3.0 (C1) trimmed sold for $1,200 in 2015

CGC 3.0 (C1) trimmed sold for $1,175 in 2015

CGC 3.0 (A) trimmed sold for $2,229 in 2018

CGC 3.0 (A) trimmed sold for $3,650 in 2020 (this is the book in the first post in this thread)

37 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

Interesting info - I knew that last sale amount from an earlier OP post.

I stand by my generous $50 silly offer.

lol

I see your offer and lower to $45

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Nuts to that, you better PAY ME to take that book.

I dont want any trimmed book.  People avoid em like the plaque.

7 minutes ago, kav said:

I dont want any trimmed book.  People avoid em like the plaque.

My TOS 39 unfortunately has the bottom edge slightly, and poorly trimmed.  In all honesty it looks like some kid just cut a small sliver of it off for no good reason, it wasn’t Dupcak’d or anything.

5 hours ago, Jordysnordy said:

How were you able to work the deal outside eBay? I thought they "closed" the loophole to message sellers for their email address or telephone number?

He sent me his email address, so maybe the rules have changed?