• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed
1 1

51 posts in this topic

A little Carousel of Comics

Hi everyone! :hi: This will be a shorter spring cleaning sale of mainly raw books, some that I cannot afford to keep, my eyes being bigger than my wallet kind of thing, some retreads. I will be posting on and off throughout the week as I figure out what has to go. 

I will consider reasonable offers on all items BUT an unconditional "I'll take it" in the thread or by PM trumps. Competing claims will be decided as far as possible by time stamp. Unfortunately, the new board software does not display precise thread post times (either in PMs or in sales threads), which can result in the inability to determine whether a PM post or thread post came first. In those circumstances (i.e., where there are "take its" in both a PM and in the sales thread, and where it cannot be determined from the time stamps which "take it" came first), the "take it" posted publicly in the sales thread will win. Therefore, there is some risk of losing a book if you try to remain anonymous via PM. You can count on me in any event to do my best to ensure fairness to everyone. (My especial thanks to EC Ed for his kind assistance in formulating and clarifying this rule)

I will not sell to the probate or the banned.

Payment is by Paypal only.

I will ship comics (raw or slabbed) to the US and Canada for a flat rate of $10.00 for any number of books shipped in a secure box.

I will ship international but please PM me for a quote. I will work with you to keep your shipping costs down.

This is my 87th sales thread on the Boards.  Kudos Thread If anyone has any further concerns please PM me and I am very happy to provide Board “References upon Request”.

If for any reason a buyer is unhappy with their purchase I will give a full refund upon notification within 30 days of receiving the item(s) and upon the safe return of the item(s).

Many thanks for looking, and I hope you find something in my carousel of comics. :smile:

Cheers,

Robert

MedusaCarousel.jpg.393ed649c13e7bf0f2a9d38823fae761.jpg

Edited by crassus

House of Mystery 177 7.5 (Bright & glossy; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly cb crses along r-edge fc; light to mod cb spine & staple stress; crnr blunting with sm cb crse br crnr fc; cb crses center top edge & center btm edge bc; light to mod tanning interior cvrs & bc; d-shadow btm edge bc; PQ on the Creamier side of CR-OW) $12.00 SOLD

HoM-177-fc.jpg

HoM-177-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Mystery in Space 51 6.0 (Bright with average gloss; mod cb spine & edge wear, mainly btm edge bc; horizontal mainly ncb fold left btm edge fc near spine; faint crses along spine fc; mod cb spine stress; some discolouration btm staple with sm rust stains at cf; cb crses bl crnr bc; book has slight stiff feel that I believe is caused by exposure to humidity, with mod to heavy foxing fc & bc and interior cvrs, & slight musty odour but not off putting; everything firmly attached with PQ on the creamier side of CR-OW) $25.00 SOLD

MIS-51-fc.jpg

MIS-51-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Super DC Giant 17 Love 1970 4.0 (Bright & glossy; mod spine & edge wear, mainly a few sm tears & a long cb crse r-edge fc; 3/4" spine split top; multiple cb crses br crnr fc & ur crnr fc; readers' crse fc; sm tear with long cb crse top edge bc; slight spine roll; mod localized foxing inside bc; mod to heavy foxing & ink transfer bc; that said all firmly attached, staples clean, no odours) $45.00 SOLD

SDG-17-Love70-fc.jpg

SDG-17-Love70-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Super DC Giant 21 Love 1971 3.5 (Bright & glossy; presents slightly better but has 2.0" x 6.5" faint vertical water stain fc next to spine; mod spine & edge wear, mainly top edge bc; sm cb crse br crnr fc; sm tear with cb crse left top edge fc near spine; cb ding with long cb crse center r-edge fc; sm staple tears; sm spot of rust with sm stain at cf btm staple; slight spine roll; cb crses top edge bc; mod to heavy foxing & ink transfer bc; otherwise firmly attached, no odours) $35.00 SOLD

SDG-21-Love71-fc.jpg

SDG-21-Love71-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

Journey into Mystery 111 7.5 (Bright & glossy; mod spine & edge wear, mainly rough cb spine wear & ur edge fc; light to mod cb spine stress, mainly bc; light impact btm spine with faint cb crse; sm rough patch with sm dirt particles & slight loss of gloss center fc just left of the sword; slight cornr blunting; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc) $75.00 SOLD

JIM-111-fc.jpg

JIM-111-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

52 minutes ago, crassus said:

Journey into Mystery 111 7.5 (Bright & glossy; mod spine & edge wear, mainly rough cb spine wear & ur edge fc; light to mod cb spine stress, mainly bc; light impact btm spine with faint cb crse; sm rough patch with sm dirt particles & slight loss of gloss center fc just left of the sword; slight cornr blunting; light to mod tanning interior cvrs; light to mod foxing & ink transfer bc) $75.00

JIM-111-fc.jpg

:takeit:

Top of the morning to everyone, after some delay I'll be back to posting (I hope) the rest of the books this morning, an oddball mix but some nice books and some...problem children...

13 minutes ago, crassus said:

Top of the morning to everyone, after some delay I'll be back to posting (I hope) the rest of the books this morning, an oddball mix but some nice books and some...problem children...

:popcorn:

On 5/27/2020 at 12:32 AM, lizards2 said:

I'll take a large coffee, with cream and sugar.

just brewing a pot, better late than never, I assume you'll want our latest promotional give away, the limited edition Strawberry Short Cake "I'm Painfully Precious" collectible cup, for your...er...collection...of course

strawberry-shortcake-souvenir-cup.jpg

15 minutes ago, crassus said:

just brewing a pot, better late than never, I assume you'll want our latest promotional give away, the limited edition Strawberry Short Cake "I'm Painfully Precious" collectible cup, for your...er...collection...of course

strawberry-shortcake-souvenir-cup.jpg

Formerly used by greggy, I assume...., :luhv: 

Journey into Mystery 109 8.0 (Bright & glossy; superior eye appeal but difficult to grade as both front and back covers have a wavy quality especially visible l-edge bc that suggests exposure to humidity or moisture except there is not the significant tell tale foxing & discolouration that typically is found on the interior cvrs of books exposed to moisture or humidity; covers have no chemical odours & staples are clean; PQ is on the creamier side of CR-OW & interior pages have slight acidity; otherwise light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly btm edge bc; mod cb spine stress; staple stress with sm tear top; slight crnr blunting; v sm cb crses ul crnr bc; light foxing & ink transfer fc & bc) $165.00 SOLD

JIM-109-fc.jpg

JIM-109-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus

17 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Formerly used by greggy, I assume...., :luhv: 

If you're interested I also have the incredibly scarce (hastily) recalled Strawberry Shortcake "Pop Tart" variant, it didn't help that her name is also "Cherry"...its anyone's guess who sued who on this one...

StrawberrySC-Cherry-Poptart.jpg

Thor 234 7.5 (Bright & glossy; light spine & edge wear; mod cb spine stress, mainly bc but especially at top staple fc; sm impact btm spine, bindery scuffs; sm cb crse br crnr fc; multiple faint partial cb vertical crses lower left edge bc; v sm cb crse bl crnr bc; light foxing & ink transfer bc) 

Thor 237 7.5 (Bright & glossy; light to mod spine & edge wear, mainly top & btm edges fc; crnr blunting with v sm cb crses ur & br crnrs fc; light impact top spine fc with a mainly ncb fold ul crnr fc; printer's-crse fc & bc; light ink transfer bc) Claimed

Thor-234-fc.jpg

Thor-234-bc.jpg

Thor-237-fc.jpg

Thor-237-bc.jpg

Edited by crassus