• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Determining value for submittal
1 1

3 posts in this topic

I have 3 rare books that I'm looking to submit, but there are so few graded sales out there that I'm not sure what tier they would fall under, or if I just assign my own value to them?  Even with the few sales out there, if my copies grade lower, I can't even make a comparison?

The books in question are:

Avengers #360 silver error

Seven Seas Comics #4

Wishes & Rainbows

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Administrator

Hi, thanks for your message!  Unfortunately, we can't advise you on the value of your books.  The amount that you list for your declared value is up to you and would be whatever amount you feel comfortable with for insurance coverage while the note is here with us in the office.  If you are unsure about an amount we do recommend starting out more conservatively with the value to avoid paying any more than you have to as our graders can always bump that up to a higher grading tier if they feel the book is significantly undervalued.  However, if you overvalue the book, you would not be refunded any money back on your grading fees.  

If you have any other questions, please let us know.  Thanks!