• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying Batman #1 variant

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, a friend of mine is searching high and low for this variant of Batman #1 with the large white bat emblem at the bottom of the cover.  He has this photo, but I can’t read the label.  Does anyone know which variant this is?

3-BD9694-B-740-A-42-E1-94-F6-A8-C55-FBC3

1 hour ago, FlyingDonut said:

DC Entertainment Premiere Edition, cover dated October 2014. Extremely (like insanely) hard to find.

Thanks, Dan!  That’s very helpful.  If anyone has a copy for sale, my friend might be interested.

On 5/28/2020 at 2:06 AM, nearmint said:

Thanks, Dan!  That’s very helpful.  If anyone has a copy for sale, my friend might be interested.

They come up for sale every once in awhile on ebay, so I recommend you just create a "saved" search on ebay and it will come up eventually.  Plan on spending somewhere around $1K (if I recall correctly, they sold on ebay from $500 to $1000 in the past).  They were never for sale and were given away by DC Comics to a select few clients and employees (that's why I heard, second hand).

Here's a link:

https://www.comicsvalue.com/DC-NEW-52-BATMAN-1-CGC-98-SIGNATURE-SERIES-DC-ENTERTAINMENT-PREMIER-EDITION-NM/321669550236.html

Edited by Cpt Kirk

On 6/11/2020 at 12:44 PM, nearmint said:

Thanks for the help.  I poked around the census a bit, and figured out that there are 175 of these:

135 in 9.8

23 in 9.6

10 in 9.4

4 in 9.2

1 in 9.0

1 in 8.5

1 in 8.0

Yes, I believe that almost every single one of them was slabbed before being given away.   From what I understand, the total population of those variants is 200 or less.