• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Should I get these graded?
1 1

29 posts in this topic

Most importantly, what is your criteria for getting graded, what is your financial situation, and what are your ultimate goals for these comics?

1 minute ago, Markymark said:

Thanks for the kind reply's, I do not think they are reprints. My goal is to sell them. I have little interest in comic books. Here are photos of the backs..

When people talk about reprints in the X-Men run they are usually referring to issues 67-93.

8 minutes ago, thunsicker said:
11 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Thanks for the kind reply's, I do not think they are reprints. My goal is to sell them. I have little interest in comic books. Here are photos of the backs..

When people talk about reprints in the X-Men run they are usually referring to issues 67-93.

Yes, issues 67-93 contain stories reprinted from earlier X-Men comics.

17 minutes ago, FUBARN said:

3 out of the 4 are reprints, worth a dollar or two each.

That is incorrect. While they are reprints, X-Men in the high 80s thru 93 bring good money, especially high grade ones. 

Edited by shadroch

Raw high grades easily command $50 a pop. 

To the original poster, grading those books would cost in excess of $200 and it would be months before you get them back.  I'd take some time to understand the hobby but if you are in a rush, selling them raw will get you some money this week.

Just now, shadroch said:

Raw high grades easily command $50 a pop. 

To the original poster, grading those books would cost in excess of $200 and it would be months before you get them back.  I'd take some time to understand the hobby but if you are in a rush, selling them raw will get you some money this week.

$200! really? I know CGC prices keep increasing but I didnt think it was that much...

Just now, OdinsSecrets said:

$200! really? I know CGC prices keep increasing but I didnt think it was that much...

Five books with shipping and handling, I'd think $200 is a proper ballbark figure.

Welcome to the Boards!

I'd also add a (not so) quick press at CCS to smooth out those bends on the back covers and increase the possible grade.

If you sign up for the $150 membership, you immediately get a grading $150 credit. So, not bad overall.

Edited by Chazgee