Should I get these graded?
2 2

29 posts in this topic

28,662 posts

Maybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
920 posts

I wouldnt grade them unless you are sure its a 9.6 or higher but these are some super cool raw comics 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38,925 posts

Could you post pictures of the back covers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21,067 posts

Most importantly, what is your criteria for getting graded, what is your financial situation, and what are your ultimate goals for these comics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,357 posts

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,717 posts
41 minutes ago, Jake The Snake said:

Why grade the reprints? (shrug)

You'd be surprised how big of a demand those reprints can be.  Very low print run in those days and even lower high grade copies surviving. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 posts

Thanks for the kind reply's, I do not think they are reprints. My goal is to sell them. I have little interest in comic books. Here are photos of the backs..

IMG_1264.JPG

IMG_1265.JPG

IMG_1266.JPG

IMG_1267.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,916 posts
1 minute ago, Markymark said:

Thanks for the kind reply's, I do not think they are reprints. My goal is to sell them. I have little interest in comic books. Here are photos of the backs..

When people talk about reprints in the X-Men run they are usually referring to issues 67-93.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54,179 posts
8 minutes ago, thunsicker said:
11 minutes ago, Markymark said:

Thanks for the kind reply's, I do not think they are reprints. My goal is to sell them. I have little interest in comic books. Here are photos of the backs..

When people talk about reprints in the X-Men run they are usually referring to issues 67-93.

Yes, issues 67-93 contain stories reprinted from earlier X-Men comics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44,234 posts
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, FUBARN said:

3 out of the 4 are reprints, worth a dollar or two each.

That is incorrect. While they are reprints, X-Men in the high 80s thru 93 bring good money, especially high grade ones. 

Edited by shadroch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44,234 posts

Raw high grades easily command $50 a pop. 

To the original poster, grading those books would cost in excess of $200 and it would be months before you get them back.  I'd take some time to understand the hobby but if you are in a rush, selling them raw will get you some money this week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,085 posts
Just now, shadroch said:

Raw high grades easily command $50 a pop. 

To the original poster, grading those books would cost in excess of $200 and it would be months before you get them back.  I'd take some time to understand the hobby but if you are in a rush, selling them raw will get you some money this week.

$200! really? I know CGC prices keep increasing but I didnt think it was that much...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44,234 posts
6 minutes ago, FUBARN said:

Sorry, I forgot how dumb some comic collectors are.

You might not want to insult comic collectors intelligence on a comic board, especially after blowing your first attempt at an answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44,234 posts
Just now, OdinsSecrets said:

$200! really? I know CGC prices keep increasing but I didnt think it was that much...

Five books with shipping and handling, I'd think $200 is a proper ballbark figure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,260 posts
Posted (edited)

Welcome to the Boards!

I'd also add a (not so) quick press at CCS to smooth out those bends on the back covers and increase the possible grade.

If you sign up for the $150 membership, you immediately get a grading $150 credit. So, not bad overall.

Edited by Chazgee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,260 posts
12 minutes ago, shadroch said:

You might not want to insult comic collectors intelligence on a comic board, especially after blowing your first attempt at an answer

image.png.12fc12b7ee7254019b066f24b993932d.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
2 2