• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Edmonton Expo - Cancelled
2 2

20 posts in this topic

Is anyone in the office now to talk about booth space with? I did not renew yet, and would like to look into it. My last couple of e-mails have not been replied to.

On 5/29/2020 at 9:13 AM, Kevin Boyd said:

Everyone is currently working at home, Jessica S should be able to assist you though. 

Thanks. I sent her a note and hope that the show will go forward.

Edited by kimik

Looks like that is it for Canada?  With Edmonton show gone, and nothing else elsewhere for a major comic con in Canada. It is bit of a irony that the only Canadian major comic con was the Fan Expo Vancouver got through with no problem, because that was before COVID-19 mess come up. 

The ONLY show of this year here in Canada ... oh the ironic thing! 😳

It would have been tough to have a show with the US/Canada Border Open.  I didn't realize how much I miss Cons...

3 minutes ago, piper said:

It would have been tough to have a show with the US/Canada Border Open.  I didn't realize how much I miss Cons...

Closed you mean. The US/Canada border is unlikely to open by late September the way things have been going in some states.

22 minutes ago, Kevin Boyd said:

Closed you mean. The US/Canada border is unlikely to open by late September the way things have been going in some states.

That was a pretty bad typo on my part.

3 hours ago, Kevin Boyd said:

We still have the Fan Expo Canada Limited Edition event on the schedule for Toronto in November. (Nov 6-8)

Oh ... right, that one I forget. Well, what with the travel conditions within domestic destinations in Canada ... there is the 14 days  quarantine isolation rule, if travelling from a western province to a eastern province then back home after a period of time. I have to take in consideration of the fact I might lose the time from working my jobs and loss of money earned.

But let’s wait and see how things are going the next few months.