• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will CGC accept an authentication agency like JSA?

3 posts in this topic

Will CGC accept an authentication agency like James Spence Authentication? I had my comic signed and sent off for grading the same day at the 2016 Silicon Valley Comi-Con and with it being my first time ever getting a comic with a signature graded I was unaware that I needed an official CGC witness till after the fact, I thought the receipt was the proof, when I sent it in for grading. So my question is if I have the signature authenticated with a professional authentication agency like James Spence would you guys upgrade the comic to reflect the signature as authentic?

20200528_153847.jpg

20200528_153913.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning, 

Thanks for your message!  Unfortunately, no, this would not be able to get our signature series label.  The only way for a book to get a signature series label would be for the signature to be witnessed by an authorized CGC witness.  You can find more information about our Signature Series here: https://www.cgccomics.com/signature-series/

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Jennifer F. said:

Good morning, 

Thanks for your message!  Unfortunately, no, this would not be able to get our signature series label.  The only way for a book to get a signature series label would be for the signature to be witnessed by an authorized CGC witness.  You can find more information about our Signature Series here: https://www.cgccomics.com/signature-series/

Thank you!

Thank you for getting back to me before I spent money to have my book authenticated. At least I know how the process works now for the next time. It was still a fun experience and it is awesome that I had my book graded and sealed for protection by the best comic grading company out there. Thanks again CGC and Jennifer for the info.