• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ORIGINAL OWNER COLLECTION- 1948-1953() CLOSED
13 13

209 posts in this topic

Just now, golden43tiger said:

RULING ON TERRORS OF JUNGLE 9

Nik -- you post an I’ll take it without a book and then edited after the fact

So the book was won by Thoth.

i just want to be fair to everyone 

That is not in the stated rules and I think the book was obvious, it wast the last book of the night. Moving forward that seems fine, but not sure on this book?

Just now, Noble Nostalgia aka Nikelspot said:

That is not in the stated rules and I think the book was obvious, it wast the last book of the night. Moving forward that seems fine, but not sure on this book?

nik -- there were other unsold books in the thread.  as someone else mentioned some where here, they actually thought you were taking another book.  A naked I'll take it doesn't refer to anything.  It wouldn't be fair to Thoth who quoted the book (or said what book) and give it to you afterwards.  In general, then everyone would edit after the fact.  When you post the icon, you could be referring literally to any unsold book, not simply the last one.  I think the resolution made by Richard is fair. 

Just now, Foolkiller said:

nik -- there were other unsold books in the thread.  as someone else mentioned some where here, they actually thought you were taking another book.  A naked I'll take it doesn't refer to anything.  It wouldn't be fair to Thoth who quoted the book (or said what book) and give it to you afterwards.  In general, then everyone would edit after the fact.  When you post the icon, you could be referring literally to any unsold book, not simply the last one.  I think the resolution made by Richard is fair. 

Mr. Lawyer man, unpack this

•   the first "take it" posted in the sales thread wins. PM offers welcome

4 minutes ago, Poekaymon said:

I wasn't bidding, but I'm relatively new here and am curious about your ways.  A naked "take" like that shouldn't count, right?

True, I would understand if there was only one book in the thread but there are many and a few that are still not taken..

Muddy waters..

6 minutes ago, Noble Nostalgia aka Nikelspot said:

Mr. Lawyer man, unpack this

•   the first "take it" posted in the sales thread wins. PM offers welcome

well comic donna found the rule.  The rule was made to prevent confusion.  It may be obvious to you, but it's not to everyone else.  In either event, these threads get very competitive, and if you post an I'll take it without reference to a book, the seller can't know what you're referring to, so -- when you're talking about it in the legal world, vagueness doesn't help your cause in a sales/purchasing context.  

3 minutes ago, golden43tiger said:

hello everyone thanks a bunch. And and i think still a couple available i will leave that be til tommorrow pm offers.for those. I think i am going to close the thread for a bit. Just to re group now. This was quite the event . I will post the summary next

Im confused.  I guess the question is....how many of the 400 books are you selling?  Thanks

5 minutes ago, Foolkiller said:

well comic donna found the rule.  The rule was made to prevent confusion.  It may be obvious to you, but it's not to everyone else.  In either event, these threads get very competitive, and if you post an I'll take it without reference to a book, the seller can't know what you're referring to, so -- when you're talking about it in the legal world, vagueness doesn't help your cause in a sales/purchasing context.  

I understand. I’ll be clear next time. When the stakes are high, there is no time to be colloquial.

6 minutes ago, SOLAR BOY said:

Im confused.  I guess the question is....how many of the 400 books are you selling?  Thanks

I think he is talking about in this thread. But I was going to ask if  all 400 books are being sold on here or have/will some be sold privately.

Edited by Noble Nostalgia aka Nikelspot

still available from both days:

1) action comics 163 - $800

2) jumbo 147 - $350

3) jungle comics 143 - $500

4) sheena 13 - $375

5) tales of unexpected 30 - $175

ALL OFFERS WELCOMED PM ME.

this thread with these 5 books will be up til tommorow afternoon.

and then tommorrow night or monday invoices will go out to all. 

and thread closed to re-group with the rest of books i have from the collection. Just need ro regroup i will be back. 

there are still alot of great books there LB cole , sci fi  etc...

thanks again

12 minutes ago, Noble Nostalgia aka Nikelspot said:

I think he is talking about in this thread. But I was going to ask if  all 400 books are being sold on here or have/will some be sold privately.

IT's not clear.....I dont think he is selling all of them here, he might be keeping some....not sure why its not clear but ooh well....