• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex lost packages
2 2

27 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Guys is it me or Fedex is loosing packages more often? One week ago after years of using the service they lost a package at Memphis for the first time . Now i have a package with no movement for more than one day at Memphis and i am getting nervous...

yeah, not like there is anything going on in the world right now that may effect movement of goods from one place to another

26 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Guys is it me or Fedex is loosing packages more often? One week ago after years of using the service they lost a package at Memphis for the first time . Now i have a package with no movement for more than one day at Memphis and i am getting nervous...

maybe stolen? I get many packages daily and someone tried to unsuccessfully steal a package recently... UPS and USPS are more reliable than FedEx

A "lost" package in Memphis has nothing to do with the Co VId situation. There`s a tendency now for bad companies (not saying Fedex is one of them) to shield behind the Co Vid situation for their bad service.  I am just asking here if some sellers are having the same situation. Perhaps i should use another company ?

Edited by Mijael.Levy

9 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

A "lost" package in Memphis has nothing to do with the Co VId situation. There`s a tendency now for bad companies (not saying Fedex is one of them) to shield behind the Co Vid situation for their bad service.  I am just asking here if some sellers are having the same situation. Perhaps i should use another company ?

I don't know if it relates but

3 packages shipped from California USPS, I'm in Dallas

All 3 went to San Antonio Distribution cent (typically distribution is before "out for delivery" or some such)

This Morning, 1 is "out for delivery in Dallas, TX :) 

The other 2 are at Austin Distribution center :( 

Worth mentioning that all 3 had an estimated delivery of Today :wishluck: 

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I don't know if it relates but

3 packages shipped from California USPS, I'm in Dallas

All 3 went to San Antonio Distribution cent (typically distribution is before "out for delivery" or some such)

This Morning, 1 is "out for delivery in Dallas, TX :) 

The other 2 are at Austin Distribution center :( 

Worth mentioning that all 3 had an estimated delivery of Today :wishluck: 

Probably less personel and more incomming packages , i shouldn`t be worried , you can expect more delays with Usps 

1 hour ago, Mijael.Levy said:

I don't believe that companies are "hiding" behind Covid 19 situation.  The issue is that shipments are up and basically running as if it was christmas.  All of the carriers have delays.  FEDEX is not one of my favorite shipping companies but they are not the only one with delays right now.

I received an empty envelope from FedEx.  At least I got my money back.

I have noticed International Mail is really slow.  Seller in the Netherlands sent a package on May 1st.  Package was finally released in Chicago May 19th. I still have not received the package yet.  I think all international mail goes in quarantine for at least fourteen days.

I ordered some non-comic book related books from the UK yesterday.  DHL app says that package will be delivered on June 2th, but I will not be holding my breath.

Have to be patient during these difficult times.

Blazing bob i understand your point but i can name a few companies that where never good with customer service that now are even worse ... What i like about Fedex is the low costs and  that you can call them right now and they answer the phone. Any other suggestion?

3 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

I received an empty envelope from FedEx.  At least I got my money back.

I have noticed International Mail is really slow.  Seller in the Netherlands sent a package on May 1st.  Package was finally released in Chicago May 19th. I still have not received the package yet.  I think all international mail goes in quarantine for at least fourteen days.

I ordered some non-comic book related books from the UK yesterday.  DHL app says that package will be delivered on June 2th, but I will not be holding my breath.

Have to be patient during these difficult times.

As a buyer i am patient but as a seller i am really nervous because Ebay buyers are not patient .... I am avoiding Europe now i am only selling Canada and USA

I thought I had a lost FedEx package(hulk 181/WBN32/IF14x2/GhostRider1/marvel premiere 15), had a package from Australia sitting in customs at Memphis for over a week and a half, here I was worried that it was lost  but US customs and FedEx put it down to lack of staff due to covid 19.

35 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

I thought I had a lost FedEx package(hulk 181/WBN32/IF14x2/GhostRider1/marvel premiere 15), had a package from Australia sitting in customs at Memphis for over a week and a half, here I was worried that it was lost  but US customs and FedEx put it down to lack of staff due to covid 19.

At least there weren't any good books in the package :devil:

In all seriousness though, I despise FedEx for the most part.

Edited by mattn792

48 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

Blazing bob i understand your point but i can name a few companies that where never good with customer service that now are even worse ... What i like about Fedex is the low costs and  that you can call them right now and they answer the phone. Any other suggestion?

USPS and UPS are much better then FEDEX.  But this is my experience with them.  They are notorious for ringing the bell and running.  They leave expensive packages on your porch without ringing the doorbell.  I've seen them do it and confronted them numerous times.

I never have this issue with my UPS or USPS drivers.  

My other BIG issue with FEDEX is the actual shipping and frankly them being a little too interested in the contents of your shipment.  When I fill out the paperwork and give you the package I don't need 20 questions as to what is in it.  

Edited by blazingbob

30 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

USPS and UPS are much better then FEDEX.  But this is my experience with them.  They are notorious for ringing the bell and running.  They leave expensive packages on your porch without ringing the doorbell.  I've seen them do it and confronted them numerous times.

I never have this issue with my UPS or USPS drivers.  

My other BIG issue with FEDEX is the actual shipping and frankly them being a little too interested in the contents of your shipment.  When I fill out the paperwork and give you the package I don't need 20 questions as to what is in it.  

In Mexico its different the paperwork is simple and "porch pirates" don't exist because private shipping companies are forbidden to leave packages without a signature but since my customers are Americans and Canadians i should be concerned , i see many times this note when i ship "delivered left in front door" 

3 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

There`s a tendency now for bad companies (not saying Fedex is one of them) to shield behind the Co Vid situation for their bad service. 

That has DEFINITELY been my observation. . 

I just had a purchase that the seller dropped it off at a Post Office in Boulder CO and it sat there for 3 days before it even got scanned in and then to Denver and started moving toward me.  I think there is just so many things being shipped now that 6 months ago people ran to Target (or some other store) that it is overwhelming the businesses that we have in place.  I know it doesn't ease your stress but I have not lost more things since March but I have experienced a lot more delays.  Good luck with your package.

7 hours ago, Mijael.Levy said:

If you are shipping expensive stuff use post office Registered mail, only downside is you can't print postage online it has to be taken into the local store.   Also that "declared value" from fedex and ups is not insurance and they will not cover anything, only tell you to buy third party insurance.

Edited by 90sChild