• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex lost packages
2 2

27 posts in this topic

Nothing major but thought I'd mention my most recent experience with FedEx.

On Tuesday, I needed to return an item for a refund.  The company supplied me with a prepaid FedEx shipping label to use, and the item needed to be shipped within a couple of days in order to get back to them during the return window allowed. 

The FedEx website had some stuff about how scheduling pickups at your house could be delayed, so I decided to just drive the 20 miles to a FedEx drop off location on Tuesday afternoon.

The FedEx guy had already been there that day, so the lady said it would go out on Wednesday, which was fine.  Wednesday came and went, and there was no indication on tracking that the package had been picked up by FedEx.  I called the location on Thursday morning, and the lady said the FedEx Air guy picked up packages there on Wednesday, but the FedEx Ground guy did not show up.....which she said was unusual.  So, I waited, and finally saw movement on the tracking on Thursday afternoon.  

So, it left a day later than expected, which was fine.  It just seemed strange to me that FedEx Ground would miss a daily pickup at a FedEx drop off location.

19 hours ago, 90sChild said:

If you are shipping expensive stuff use post office Registered mail, only downside is you can't print postage online it has to be taken into the local store.   Also that "declared value" from fedex and ups is not insurance and they will not cover anything, only tell you to buy third party insurance.

I don`t have this option here on Mexico but since i see good comments here about UPS i could try that service

I'm also a member of a sports card forum and a member recently posted that Fedex lost his card that is worth 5 figures saying that when Fedex received his package, it was empty and that it never left the Memphis station for who knows how long. Might be a FedEx worker who found out how much the package was insured for and he/she may have stolen the card.  

I'm currently having a problem with DHL eCommerce for an international shipment that hasn't left the facility for over a month now.  Last tracking status it has says that the package was scanned in a sack/container.  When I called them up, they said that they need to fill up that shipping container first before it gets sent out.  Anyone else having problems or have experiences with DHL eCommerce international shipment?

41 minutes ago, Dark Knight said:

I'm also a member of a sports card forum and a member recently posted that Fedex lost his card that is worth 5 figures saying that when Fedex received his package, it was empty and that it never left the Memphis station for who knows how long. Might be a FedEx worker who found out how much the package was insured for and he/she may have stolen the card.  

I'm currently having a problem with DHL eCommerce for an international shipment that hasn't left the facility for over a month now.  Last tracking status it has says that the package was scanned in a sack/container.  When I called them up, they said that they need to fill up that shipping container first before it gets sent out.  Anyone else having problems or have experiences with DHL eCommerce international shipment?

I ordered some items from the UK on 5/28 and the package was quickly delivered by DHL on 6/4.  I paid about $40 for shipping.

However, I am having problems with USPS on overseas mail.  I ordered some items from the Netherlands on 5/1 and item was finally delivered to Chicago ISC (International Shipping Center) on 5/19.  No movement since then and I am located in San Francisco.

2 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

I ordered some items from the UK on 5/28 and the package was quickly delivered by DHL on 6/4.  I paid about $40 for shipping.

However, I am having problems with USPS on overseas mail.  I ordered some items from the Netherlands on 5/1 and item was finally delivered to Chicago ISC (International Shipping Center) on 5/19.  No movement since then and I am located in San Francisco.

Thanks for sharing and glad your items arrived from DHL.  I think that the regular DHL shipping is quick and more or less on-time, but the DHL eCommerce side might take longer.  I believe they are both different departments of DHL. Since I sold my item on ebay and could not directly ship it to Taiwan, I had to ship it via USPS to a local shipping center in CA and they then would ship it via DHL to the destination with a new label.  I guess all that takes a lot of time now with the current state of the country.  I'll give them a call tomorrow and see what is going on.  Sometimes another customer service rep and give you better answers.

I hope that you get your stuff from the Netherlands soon!