• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bethlehem pedigree mark considered a grade defect?

4 posts in this topic

I recently used Heritage’s option to purchase grader’s notes on previously sold books for a book that I have had for a few years. It is a Bethlehem pedigree and has the Kery stamp on the back which is the telltale sign of a Beth book. The grade is 7.0 and the label recognizes it as a pedigree. This is an old slab (2005).

These are the notes:

Back Cover Address/Date/Name Stamp  

Center Front Cover Lite Crease
Spine Wear
Whole Book Wear All Edges

Does this mean the stamp impacted the grade, even though it actually shows that it is the pedigree? Is this the case with ALL pedigree markings (Okajima, Church, etc)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

On 5/29/2020 at 3:49 PM, IngelsFan said:

I recently used Heritage’s option to purchase grader’s notes on previously sold books for a book that I have had for a few years. It is a Bethlehem pedigree and has the Kery stamp on the back which is the telltale sign of a Beth book. The grade is 7.0 and the label recognizes it as a pedigree. This is an old slab (2005).

These are the notes:

Back Cover Address/Date/Name Stamp  

Center Front Cover Lite Crease
Spine Wear
Whole Book Wear All Edges

Does this mean the stamp impacted the grade, even though it actually shows that it is the pedigree? Is this the case with ALL pedigree markings (Okajima, Church, etc)?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Since the book is a verified Pedigree, the date stamp should not affect the grade. That notation was likely put into the grader notes as a way of confirming the pedigree and the location of the stamp...  (thumbsu

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

Since the book is a verified Pedigree, the date stamp should not affect the grade. That notation was likely put into the grader notes as a way of confirming the pedigree and the location of the stamp...  (thumbsu

Thanks! I appreciate the info and the response.