• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Golden Age Hero books, DC, and Chesler, Added PCH and a Matt Baker Cover Priced lowered on remaining books
3 3

29 posts in this topic

I will have a variety of Golden Age books in the thread.  Mostly will be fairly low grade and affordable, and a few a bit higher.  

Shipping will be at cost and I cannot do Media Mail per my post office.  I will do flat rate priority or regional boxes or first class.  International shipping (out of USA) is on a case by case basis so just check with me.

I can take Paypal goods and services, Venmo, and Postal money orders on sales less than $1000.  Only money orders and checks on anything over 1000.  

I expect payment within 3 days of sale unless prior arrangements are made.  No returns on CGC books.  Raw books can be returned within 10 days but you need to let me know within 3 days of receiving the book that you are returning it and buyer is responsible for returning postage.  Comics also have to be returned in the same shape that they went out in.  

This is my first sales thread so if I miss something please just let me know.  I have bought quite a bit on these boards for the past 3 years and have never had a bad experience.

Thanks a lot for looking!

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=redirect&url=https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/415600-ender-feedback-kudos-thread/&key=3df6c205eb0c62bf51845be2dca13f0422cf5e3357243009e0c4483a87f5b446&resource=

Edited by ender
to place in kudos link

Action Comics 88.  I would give it a qualified 1.5 or 1.0   It has a married detached cover.  Is it really married if it is detached?  Maybe but hopefully everyone will know what I mean.  Chunk out on right side of front cover  Centerfold is well attached.  Interior pages are off white and supple. $110,     Now $ 90  Now $75. For a GA Action under #100 with a cover?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by ender
Adding photos

America’s Greatest Comics 4

2.0 writing in cover and a small spine split at the bottom, about 1.75 inches. Book has a 1 inch tear through the middle at the top, kind of hard to see. I think someone attempted the strongman feat of ripping a phone book in half on a smaller scale and failed. Cardboard cover still well attached to the insides. Neat 100 page GA issue. A VG sold on eBay for $99 so let’s do $50 on this one.  Lets try $40

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by ender

Sure Fire Comics1

book is a bit of a mess but it is a golden age, Ace Comics #1. Cover is split, detached and brittle. Insides are much nicer. Staples are rusty with some migration. It is complete so I would put it at a .5 maybe a 1.0

SOLD

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by ender

Just now, ender said:

Sure Fire Comics1

book is a bit of a mess but it is a golden age, Ace Comics #1. Cover is split, detached and brittle. Insides are much nicer. Staples are rusty with some migration. It is complete so I would put it at a .5 maybe a 1.0

$220

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

take

Punch Comics 14. 
small spine split of about 1 inch on bottom of spine. Lower staple popped front cover but still attached at back. Small tear to cover above top staple. Small triangle missing on bottom right front cover. Overall solid low grade copy. I would put it at a good. this is a copy that some say is a nude woman cover but it is really just the statue and on this copy someone’s well intentioned parent? Helped the statue be a bit more modest and drew on a bikini top! :idea:

$245  Lowered to $220   Lowered to $180

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by ender

2 hours ago, october said:

Torch 9 is so underrated. A standout.

Agreed, I don't think I've even seen that cover before...someone was looking for War Time Timelys recently...
Robert...maybe check the WTB thread? that's a great one.

Smash Comics 49

some rust migration and the staple is popped from front cover but still hanging on in the back. Quite a few small tears and I think a press could easily flatten the interiors a lot. It is low grade but priced accordingly SOLD

1B8559B4-3ACD-489C-B792-6A2A53BC1272.jpeg

2773D8BE-E71C-4C78-9586-10A0FA392FA2.jpeg

4C81AC2B-795E-413B-A9B2-628F4DD5F70C.jpeg

C66DE162-0FAA-44A6-84EC-4FEC6CFEDBB9.jpeg

6DD69E8C-43C5-40B8-ABA2-3D73F8FD965B.jpeg

Edited by ender

Batman 14 Qualified

it has a married detached centerfold. Cover is detached and has upper and lower splits. Interiors are pretty nice. First Penguin cover in Batman title. With Penguins being in the next Batman film there is some chance for appreciation. A similar graded copy with less eye appeal sold on eBay for 317, so let’s price this one at $285 Reduced to SOLD

319F183C-13DE-4F07-803B-E1DEC8B659CE.jpeg

216A70AF-9D92-4F32-AF1F-0781A52857D0.jpeg

963AEC92-4469-4DF9-9CA7-8EE9D0213982.jpeg

4BC8942D-CFB9-4308-AE66-6CFD1582EC46.jpeg

Edited by ender