• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Print error or not?
1 1

10 posts in this topic

Pretty sure that cover only received blue ink on your copy, not from fading.  There is almost no white on that cover as originally printed.  Even faded, it wouldn't go to pure white.  The only way that can happen is if the color was not printed on the cover in the first place.  Usually they catch those errors, but looks like one got through.  Some collectors are in the market for those, and the value depends on what title it is.  Like a $50 comic might get a premium price of $75-$150 if the error is significant.  An extraordinary example is Venom: Lethal Protector 1, which is a red foil cover.  Some are in black, several hundred known, and those can get to $3,000.  Popular comic, popular character, known error.

My opinion is not sun fading but heat fading.  The pages are so dark this baby experienced a lot of heat which may have faded the cover inks.  IMO not print error.

16 hours ago, kav said:

My opinion is not sun fading but heat fading.  The pages are so dark this baby experienced a lot of heat which may have faded the cover inks.  IMO not print error.

I'm leaning this way a bit just because the "white" areas on the covers aren't totally white, they're off white. Check out the "prizes" area on the back cover and other spots. You can still see a faint box outline (which was originally red) around the "Business Reply Label" and "No Postage Necessary" fields on the back cover. If they'd never receive the red ink, you shouldn't see a faded outline, as least I wouldn't imagine so. I'll leave it to the experts, but that's my two cents (and worth precisely that much.) 

Not a printing error. Damaged by long-term exposure to heat and/or sunlight. In addition to the outline boxes F For Fake pointed out, take a look at the "Join Now!" and "Sales Leadership Club" text on BC UL, where traces of the red color remain. The interior page quality is also a big clue that this is heat-damaged (but the browning effect is visible at BC MR also).

Sorry to burst hopes that this might be worth a few dollars to the error community. Nothing here but worthless, damaged paper.