• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GPS Tracking Device For Comics/Valuables?

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I've recently purchesed a couple of inexpensive cameras for inside my house. The kind that use a cell phone or tablet app to use. I'm still playing with them trying to get the most out of them.

Many of them seem to be kind of quirky and even unreliable. Then theres figuring out how to use the cloud service. Anyway it got me thinking about GPS tracking for my comics. Most of mine are graded and in those heavy cgc carboard boxes. I thought it might be a good idea to put a tracking device in each box or maybe in the resealable mylars I use. I figure if I got robbed the dirty theif would probably just grab the entire box(s). It would have to be a good one that you can track many miles away. Smaller the better. I know people also use these for children/people with disabilities who can get lost or be vulnerable, and also for pets.

Does anybody here use anything like that  for comics or valuables or have considered it? I've done a little research and it looks like finding the right one may take some time. 

Thanks

Edited by Professor Chaos
spelling correction