• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Survey about comic art auctions

9 posts in this topic

A friend of mine, who is also a comic art collector, is Professor of University in France ("Management and economics research center" - University of Strasbourg). For a few years now he works with some of his students on an academic research project about original comic art.

If you have a few minutes to spare, they created a small online survey to get your fillings on a set of original comic art sold these last years (mainly European comic art): https://sondagesv3.unistra.fr/index.php/395782 .

Anybody can answer the survey, even if you don't have any expertise or interest in European comic art, and even if you don't have any interest into original comic art at all! Just give your feelings about the images you see.

If you have any question, I'll try to help... or I'll transmit the question :)

Thanks for your help.

Edited by NicoV

hmm.. I suspect your target are European comic readers, or maybe that was the intent.

I filled out the survey, except since I only read north american comics and all the images I saw where European comics whose artists I don't recognize, I filed in no interest and trigger no emotion on everything.  Tell your friend to remove that from the data set if that was not his intent so I don't ruin his research!

Malvin

Nico, I'd be happy to do it, but I don't recognize the art or artists (typical of a US comic reader, I guess) so I feel that I would distort the survey.

If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll give it a shot.

13 minutes ago, malvin said:

hmm.. I suspect your target are European comic readers, or maybe that was the intent.

I filled out the survey, except since I only read north american comics and all the images I saw where European comics whose artists I don't recognize, I filed in no interest and trigger no emotion on everything.  Tell your friend to remove that from the data set if that was not his intent so I don't ruin his research!

Malvin

I should have specified it, sorry (and I edited my initial message)!

He told me that anybody can answer the survey, even people with no interest in original comic art. The questions asked in the survey do not require any expertise in European artists, they just want to know if it brings any emotion and if you like the image you see, not if you would buy it (which would require at least a price ^^)

Edited by NicoV

5 minutes ago, NicoV said:

I should have specified it, sorry (and I edited my initial message)!

He told me that anybody can answer the survey, even people with no interest in original comic art. The questions asked in the survey do not require any expertise in European artists, they just want to know if it brings any emotion and if you like the image you see, not if you would buy it (which would require at least a price ^^)

No problem. I wasn't saying I would or would not buy it, but if it is a comic I have not read from a comic I am not familiar with, I won't have an emotional connection to the art.  Sure, if i look carefully, I could admire their artistry/style but I did not do that.

Malvin

I'm not hung up on superhero types so found the survey very interesting, visually, for the diversity of strips and artistic styles.  Very few things on show that I'm familiar with, so my answers were based on whether or not I found the artwork in question visually appealing and I probably liked about 65% of what I saw.

38 minutes ago, The Voord said:

I'm not hung up on superhero types so found the survey very interesting, visually, for the diversity of strips and artistic styles.  Very few things on show that I'm familiar with, so my answers were based on whether or not I found the artwork in question visually appealing and I probably liked about 65% of what I saw.

+1

18 hours ago, NicoV said:

A friend of mine, who is also a comic art collector, is Professor of University in France ("Management and economics research center" - University of Strasbourg). For a few years now he works with some of his students on an academic research project about original comic art.

If you have a few minutes to spare, they created a small online survey to get your fillings on a set of original comic art sold these last years (mainly European comic art): https://sondagesv3.unistra.fr/index.php/395782 .

Anybody can answer the survey, even if you don't have any expertise or interest in European comic art, and even if you don't have any interest into original comic art at all! Just give your feelings about the images you see.

If you have any question, I'll try to help... or I'll transmit the question :)

Thanks for your help.

I tried the survey. It's a bit hard to develop an interest in a page when the dialog is not in a language I can read. Half of sequential art is the story, and much of what was shown was dependent on the dialog (or, at least it seemed that way).

Edited by Rick2you2