• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic 3 coming up on ComicConnet
2 2

24 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Not sure what the grading company has  to do with it.  You know it’s a restored book by their in depth label. 

I don't believe CGC will grade IGB restored books.

5 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

Fantastic 3 is yet another IGB book, I'd bet on it.

It has the tell-tale clues. They seem to bungle some of the small details in their repainting, the 1 on the 10¢ isn't quite right, and the 3 after No. at the top right should be hanging lower. 

5 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Anyone see one of these books prior to their Makeover ?

before

saw-dust-1542734438.jpeg?crop=1xw:1xh;ce

after

3180D30B-FEDB-4858-9B3D-9BC063357780.thu

Also, they must be slipping. Shocked they didn't go to the extent of a 9.9 or 10.0

Edited by Gotham Kid

2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

IGB has CGC tied up in litigation over (among other things) CGC‘S refusal to grade their books

Interesting. The dedicated auction houses don’t seem to have a problem with them. If anything I think it’s good for the hobby that these aren’t out there raw And  have had experts look and label. Thanks Perry.  

Some incorrect statements on here, I think.  CGC would grade their books, they just didn't like the grades.  HA was apparently refusing to sell one CBCS graded that had undisclosed trimming.  I believe a deal was worked out, as I recall seeing something very high grade and restored graded by CGC in the last year or two. 

This seems to provide more info:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/8282/meyers-vs-cgc-lawsuit-dismissed-after-2-years/

7 hours ago, hannibal151 said:
7 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Not sure what the grading company has  to do with it.  You know it’s a restored book by their in depth label. 

I don't believe CGC will grade IGB restored books.

They most definitely would still be grading them if Matt was still working with the Meyers on perfecting their technique, instead of the happy threesome getting into a big lovers' spat with their relationship devolving very quickly into a rather nasty battle :slapfight: of shall we say, he said, they said.   :blahblah:.............:blahblah: :blahblah:.    lol

10 hours ago, Cat-Man_America said:
14 hours ago, Gotham Kid said:

before

saw-dust-1542734438.jpeg?crop=1xw:1xh;ce

after

3180D30B-FEDB-4858-9B3D-9BC063357780.thu

Since GA comics started out as wood pulp the "before" is pretty much what all of 'em looked like at the paper mill.  :baiting:

Any bets that if Matt was still canoodling with the Meyers in their happy threesome and perfecting this technique of theirs, this would simply be another revenue stream for the big boys at CCG headquarters and the speculators and flippers would be singing their praises while scampering as fast as their little feet could take them to the closest wood pile they can find in order to scoop up as much of the wood pulp as they can.  :devil:   lol  

Edited by lou_fine

3 hours ago, mwotka said:

The part that I found hilarious while reading through this was the following:

3. IGB leaves AF 15 with CGC to correct warp in spine.
4. March 2015, CGC informs IGB that AF 15 was damaged at lower right hand corner in pressing process. they mended the comic and sent it back to IGB.

From other comments that I have read here about the quality of the pressing service from CCS, this almost sounds like par for the course.  :facepalm:

And some newbie boardies here wonder why the Dentist doesn't bother to have his Action 1 pressed, let alone to even have it graded.  :screwy:

Edited by lou_fine