8 comic book stores were looted across USA
1 1

66 posts in this topic

599 posts

I am surprised if this is true. I seen every type of store looted except comics. I could see people taking toys but leaving the long boxes. Thought comics would be safe. Same with a book store. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,705 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Myowncollector said:

I am surprised if this is true. I seen every type of store looted except comics. I could see people taking toys but leaving the long boxes. Thought comics would be safe. Same with a book store. 

Why would you be surprised, look at the cities involved.  And the twerps in my town were stealing whatever they could, including mannequins.  Why wouldn’t they steal comics?

Edited by mattn792

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,705 posts
5 hours ago, JollyComics said:

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/comic-stores-looting-usa/

I think it's time to protect your inventory.  Take any high value or rare comic books home.

Sad to see that Graham’s in the Chicago loop is on the list, hopefully they didn’t lose much inventory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
851 posts
1 hour ago, Myowncollector said:

I am surprised if this is true. I seen every type of store looted except comics. I could see people taking toys but leaving the long boxes. Thought comics would be safe. Same with a book store. 

People were looting vitamin stores.. Anything with a glass window

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,164 posts
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, steveinthecity said:

Shame it’s happening nonetheless.

Shame it’s being allowed and enabled to happen nonetheless.

Edited by James J Johnson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53,636 posts

Add Oblivion Comics and Coffee Sacramento, CA to the hit list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,164 posts

 

Just now, kav said:

Add Oblivion Comics and Coffee Sacramento, CA to the hit list.

There will be more. Once they run out of businesses to loot they'll descend on the suburbs and their homes, unimpeded by authorities.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,164 posts
3 minutes ago, kav said:

Add Oblivion Comics 

Appropriately named, it would seem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53,636 posts
3 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Appropriately named, it would seem.

dang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599 posts
39 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Why would you be surprised, look at the cities involved.  And the twerps in my town were stealing whatever they could, including mannequins.  Why wouldn’t they steal comics?

I can see them breaking glass. Looking for cash in register. Taking some cool looking toys statues. But the only thing they would do with comics is burn them. A lot of shops don't have wall books. Sure if they see a wall book or something under glass with a expensive price tag it's gone. But not going to be running out with long boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599 posts
17 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

 

There will be more. Once they run out of businesses to loot they'll descend on the suburbs and their homes, unimpeded by authorities.. 

Looks to have died down a lot. Csn flare up again if another incident or during after trial or if other cops don't get charged with anything. Hopefully doesn't get that bad. Breaking into homes won't last long. Too many protesters will be shot. Things get that bad, we will get that buyers market.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,164 posts
2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if any of the protestors were comic book collectors and they were targeting 

Legitimate protestors aren't targeting anything for arson or looting. Their interests lie in protesting. Other than protestors have other interests that are furthered by arson and looting. Bricks, explosives, and incendiary devices don't materialize in piles in strategic places. They're placed there by design not chance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,164 posts
4 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Looks to have died down a lot. Csn flare up again if another incident or during after trial or if other cops don't get charged with anything. Hopefully doesn't get that bad. Breaking into homes won't last long. Too many protesters will be shot. Things get that bad, we will get that buyers market.

Again, legitimate protestors have no interest in breaking into homes. That does nothing to further the message and reasoning behind their protestations. Other than protestors are interested in taking what's in your home and your physical well being with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,164 posts
13 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Breaking into homes won't last long. Too many protesters will be shot. 

Even if armed, the average individual is not adequately equipped, either mentally, physically, or both, to fully defend their home against more than one invader let alone a well organized, well-practiced crew using multiple entry points.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599 posts
6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Again, legitimate protestors have no interest in breaking into homes. That does nothing to further the message and reasoning behind their protestations. Other than protestors are interested in taking what's in your home and your physical well being with it. 

If bullets start flying nobody is safe, not legitimate protestors, neighbors, anyone. I hate to see the legit protestors get hit with rubber bullets or tear gas, let alone a stray bullet. I don't know what a protestor is anyways. Someone that is peacefully out and obeying laws for sure. When they break curfew, no biggie. But seen plenty of people throwing things, spray painting, and breaking things calling themselves protestors. Not sure if I seen any looters making that claim but they tend to not brag about that on social media. Some people protest. Some just take advantage of situation to steal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1