• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8 comic book stores were looted across USA
1 1

66 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Myowncollector said:

I am surprised if this is true. I seen every type of store looted except comics. I could see people taking toys but leaving the long boxes. Thought comics would be safe. Same with a book store. 

Why would you be surprised, look at the cities involved.  And the twerps in my town were stealing whatever they could, including mannequins.  Why wouldn’t they steal comics?

Edited by mattn792

19 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Why would you be surprised, look at the cities involved.  And the twerps in my town were stealing whatever they could, including mannequins.  Why wouldn’t they steal comics?

Why wouldn’t they steal comics?

. . .

Because they can't read? (although you would think looking at the pictures would be right up their alley)

1 hour ago, Myowncollector said:

I am surprised if this is true. I seen every type of store looted except comics. I could see people taking toys but leaving the long boxes. Thought comics would be safe. Same with a book store. 

People were looting vitamin stores.. Anything with a glass window

Add Oblivion Comics and Coffee Sacramento, CA to the hit list.

39 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I can see them breaking glass. Looking for cash in register. Taking some cool looking toys statues. But the only thing they would do with comics is burn them. A lot of shops don't have wall books. Sure if they see a wall book or something under glass with a expensive price tag it's gone. But not going to be running out with long boxes.

1 hour ago, steveinthecity said:

I’d think it’s more a matter of the store being in a neighborhood where looting was occurring rather than a store being targeted because it carried comic, toys, tee’s, etc.

Well, if any of the protestors were comic book collectors and they were targeting the local comic shops, they probably would have taken all of their drek Image and Valiant books from their own personal collection and dumped it off at the shop once they managed to break through the doors and windows.  :p  lol

17 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

There will be more. Once they run out of businesses to loot they'll descend on the suburbs and their homes, unimpeded by authorities.. 

Looks to have died down a lot. Csn flare up again if another incident or during after trial or if other cops don't get charged with anything. Hopefully doesn't get that bad. Breaking into homes won't last long. Too many protesters will be shot. Things get that bad, we will get that buyers market.

2 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, if any of the protestors were comic book collectors and they were targeting 

Legitimate protestors aren't targeting anything for arson or looting. Their interests lie in protesting. Other than protestors have other interests that are furthered by arson and looting. Bricks, explosives, and incendiary devices don't materialize in piles in strategic places. They're placed there by design not chance. 

4 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Looks to have died down a lot. Csn flare up again if another incident or during after trial or if other cops don't get charged with anything. Hopefully doesn't get that bad. Breaking into homes won't last long. Too many protesters will be shot. Things get that bad, we will get that buyers market.

Again, legitimate protestors have no interest in breaking into homes. That does nothing to further the message and reasoning behind their protestations. Other than protestors are interested in taking what's in your home and your physical well being with it. 

13 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

Breaking into homes won't last long. Too many protesters will be shot. 

Even if armed, the average individual is not adequately equipped, either mentally, physically, or both, to fully defend their home against more than one invader let alone a well organized, well-practiced crew using multiple entry points.. 

6 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

Again, legitimate protestors have no interest in breaking into homes. That does nothing to further the message and reasoning behind their protestations. Other than protestors are interested in taking what's in your home and your physical well being with it. 

If bullets start flying nobody is safe, not legitimate protestors, neighbors, anyone. I hate to see the legit protestors get hit with rubber bullets or tear gas, let alone a stray bullet. I don't know what a protestor is anyways. Someone that is peacefully out and obeying laws for sure. When they break curfew, no biggie. But seen plenty of people throwing things, spray painting, and breaking things calling themselves protestors. Not sure if I seen any looters making that claim but they tend to not brag about that on social media. Some people protest. Some just take advantage of situation to steal.