• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8 comic book stores were looted across USA
1 1

66 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Myowncollector said:

If bullets start flying nobody is safe, not legitimate protestors, neighbors, anyone. I hate to see the legit protestors get hit with rubber bullets or tear gas, let alone a stray bullet. I don't know what a protestor is anyways. Someone that is peacefully out and obeying laws for sure. When they break curfew, no biggie. But seen plenty of people throwing things, spray painting, and breaking things calling themselves protestors. Not sure if I seen any looters making that claim but they tend to not brag about that on social media. Some people protest. Some just take advantage of situation to steal. 

You actually have three different entities, all being lumped in together, but all three are very different, with different goals

1) peaceful protestors. Most protestors are peaceful. They want their message heard and realize that stating a case, calling attention to it is typically superior than ramming it down someone's throat. For an example of this, see MLK marches.

2) Looters.  Their interest are taking advantage of the carnage and confusion to grab stuff. Self-enrichment. They care nothing about the cause. It's all about the stuff.

3) Anarchists. Their interests are solely in destruction. Arson mostly. And these are the guys that the bricks were strategically placed for, to use to maim. They have no interests in the cause. Their concern is making sure that the businesses that were supposed to be soon opening after the C-19 lockdown, won't be anytime soon.

7 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

People are not that dumb to go into suburban neighborhoods and loot while people are home. It’s a freakin death sentence 

I heard they were supposedly going to do that here in Florida. Loooootta guns here. You’d have to be mentally deficient to think you wouldn’t get shot descending on a neighborhood in suburbia.

8 minutes ago, Junkdrawer said:

People are not that dumb to go into suburban neighborhoods and loot while people are home. It’s a freakin death sentence 

Well, some of the crews dealing carnage in the street look to me to be as well-equipped, and as well-choreographed and practiced as your average SWAT team. Watch how the guys with the Ninja garb that look at first like paramilitary operate. You send 12 in at a time against 1 homeowner who has no training other than the instruction manual for a weapon he's never even fired, the SWAT team will come out on top every time. 

1 hour ago, James J Johnson said:

Even if armed, the average individual is not adequately equipped, either mentally, physically, or both, to fully defend their home against more than one invader let alone a well organized, well-practiced crew using multiple entry points.. 

I have no doubt that I would die in that scenario. 

But I also have no doubt that......when given no choice in a very dark house that only I'm familiar with....combined with several legally purchased weapons and a high powered vacuum......the cops would have to dig through more than one corpse to reach my lifeless body lying on the dust free carpet.

Russ3.jpg.1db8d6e4f5b0a127752a5853a383efe2.jpg

1 minute ago, Domo Arigato said:

I have no doubt that I would die in that scenario. 

But I also have no doubt that......when given no choice in a very dark house that only I'm familiar with....combined with several legally purchased weapons and a high powered vacuum......the cops would have to dig through more than one corpse to reach my lifeless body lying on the dust free carpet.

Russ3.jpg.1db8d6e4f5b0a127752a5853a383efe2.jpg

Well, if you can maintain the presence of mind before the killing spree ensues, pull the plastic curtain down and place it under you on the floor. At least you won't make a mess on the carpet for the next tenant to have to clean up. It's always good manners to be considerate. It shows good upbringing!   (thumbsu

5 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Sad to see that Graham’s in the Chicago loop is on the list, hopefully they didn’t lose much inventory.

https://m.facebook.com/grahamcrackerscomics/photos/a.427493626232/10158099180476233/?type=3&source=54

One of multiple stores was looted. Two of them may be targeted in Naperville (they have many high value comic books for shows) and Madison Wisconsin. The protesters are still active in Aurora near Naperville and Madison.

Hopefully the looting is stopped. It acted like a disease.

Edited by JollyComics

4 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

You actually have three different entities, all being lumped in together, but all three are very different, with different goals

2) Looters.  

3) Anarchists. 

Both of these and other really just fall into 

Opportunists. 

Just taking advantage of the situation for their own motives whatever those may be. Although as you stated those can vary widely. 

Still if things are actually set up , as in bricks placed, psychological tactics , such as cops actually causing damage to own vehicles, or breaking windows while not in uniform. All of this points toward even possible larger or deeper opportunist.  Think larger scale land deals in communities lived their life worked and owned , but now will almost certainly have to sell or move/ evicted. Plus drop in property values. 

Even all of this is just a very small piece of the vast category of Opportunist.  Still Political side and many more.  Only time will really tell what all this really will bring. 

We can stand together and try to help those individuals as best we can and unite as many individuals as possible. Notice individuals ( nothing about class , race, job description as these really should not matter)

I truly grieve the loss of so many local buisness Comic or otherwise.  All of these losses are tragic .

4 hours ago, bb8 said:

I heard they were supposedly going to do that here in Florida. Loooootta guns here. You’d have to be mentally deficient to think you wouldn’t get shot descending on a neighborhood in suburbia.

Now I am sure almost everyone knows about Florida FB_IMG_1589334613542.jpg.24064b255658f3d180bc856a2673c9ec.jpg

And whether it has been News , Florida Man,  Big Necks, Hurricanes, Jokes , Mental Health,  Retirement Communities,  Beach Resorts, really just too many to mention... Still the statement stands that most have heard of us;  yes I am sure several of my ex's came or went to Chattahoochee. 

I myself am a Floridian and we have really good gun laws including stand your ground , as well as Sherriffs that have even publicly stated its Looter Season have officially opened. Shoot on site.  Most of this will hopefully help to deter such actions here in Florida. I know we will not be immune as with most of the world stupidity is rampant. 

Still the biggest issue is division and senseless loss of Life. Too many have their own agenda at heart. It is a sad state of affairs.  This coupled with fear and confusion has just let things only decline.  Until we truly become one United People will this ever completely stop and unfortunately history has no true road map for this to happen. Just an optimistic hope and dream.

Until then I just try to live by an almost comic book style code of help those who are in need.  Stand for what is right. Not always my version, but the greater good. 

I truly hope that we are all headed towards a brighter future.  

9 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

There will be more. Once they run out of businesses to loot they'll descend on the suburbs and their homes, unimpeded by authorities.. 

8 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Even if armed, the average individual is not adequately equipped, either mentally, physically, or both, to fully defend their home against more than one invader let alone a well organized, well-practiced crew using multiple entry points.. 

8 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Well, some of the crews dealing carnage in the street look to me to be as well-equipped, and as well-choreographed and practiced as your average SWAT team. Watch how the guys with the Ninja garb that look at first like paramilitary operate. You send 12 in at a time against 1 homeowner who has no training other than the instruction manual for a weapon he's never even fired, the SWAT team will come out on top every time. 

And this whole scenario would last, what, a few hours?  Maybe 24?  48?  Sure you can highlight the average person out there who's fired 30 total rounds from their six shot.  But there's literally millions of off duty, separated, retired, reserve, etc. military and law enforcement residing throughout the country who have done a whole hell of a lot more.  Who not only know what they're doing, but are defending ground where they intimately know the lay of the land and have the advantage.  

So lets say the twerps do send out their shock troops.  Maybe have a bit of short term success, and then run across the wrong people.  Those that aren't killed or arrested will quickly melt back underground like roaches.  Their best hope would be to sow some short term paranoia among regular folks, but that will ultimately pass.

The LCS close to me, in Lansing MI, was not hit, even though the Chase bank and a couple of other businesses near it were. They are a block or two away from our state capitol. it was really strange watching the footage being recorded. Don't these people realize that they are being filmed?

1 minute ago, ThreeSeas said:

The LCS close to me, in Lansing MI, was not hit, even though the Chase bank and a couple of other businesses near it were. They are a block or two away from our state capitol. it was really strange watching the footage being recorded. Don't these people realize that they are being filmed?

Case in point -- https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/chicago-man-who-allegedly-wore-joker-mask-during-protest-charged-with-setting-fire-to-police-vehicle

28 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Because nobody will recognize you when your face is covered... oh wait.. neck tattoo...   Haha.. IMG_131281639811181.jpeg.1aa1dab0799c38a5a4f5bce2d0b88a6b.jpeg

Sure his cell mate will appreciate that pretty necklace he wears...tYI3Yrm.gif.655472c664b7d630b81bec24274310e2.gif

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Add icing on the cake

3 hours ago, Jaylam said:

...and this is why the 2nd amendment is so important. The founders of the this country understood the dark side of human nature, something that has been on full display for the last 10 days. 

Couldn't agree more.  I myself bought a firearm in April, stay safe and protect your family (and pets and comics, in that order!)

5 hours ago, Jaylam said:

...and this is why the 2nd amendment is so important. The founders of the this country understood the dark side of human nature, something that has been on full display for the last 10 days. 

meh

Meanwhile in Canada, no 2nd amendment, no problems! If that statement upsets you, too bad.

In before the lock!

16 minutes ago, Lobo1969 said:

meh

Meanwhile in Canada, no 2nd amendment, no problems! If that statement upsets you, too bad.

In before the lock!

Canada is a great country.  It's not very populated for it's massive size (about 10 times less populated than the US) and probably one of the best places on Earth to live if you are poor. 

Edited by JJ-4

5 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Every time some lowlife d-nozzle goes in front of a judge (and jury if there is one) to express how sorry they are.......the judge/jury needs to then be shown the mugshot where the lowlife is smiling and proud of theirself.  Then they need to be sentenced.

mugshot.jpg.df323007a982870fbf7c7aafa894ce90.jpg