• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

8 comic book stores were looted across USA
1 1

66 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, Lobo1969 said:

Meanwhile in Canada, no 2nd amendment, no problems! If that statement upsets you, too bad.

I heard they're thinking about putting up a wall to keep people in.

1 hour ago, Domo Arigato said:

Every time some lowlife d-nozzle goes in front of a judge (and jury if there is one) to express how sorry they are.......the judge/jury needs to then be shown the mugshot where the lowlife is smiling and proud of theirself.  Then they need to be sentenced.

mugshot.jpg.df323007a982870fbf7c7aafa894ce90.jpg

turt.jpg

5 hours ago, Domo Arigato said:

Every time some lowlife d-nozzle goes in front of a judge (and jury if there is one) to express how sorry they are.......the judge/jury needs to then be shown the mugshot where the lowlife is smiling and proud of theirself.  Then they need to be sentenced.

mugshot.jpg.df323007a982870fbf7c7aafa894ce90.jpg

tenor.gif.92a3b357273abf48564df5c72a3acc3e.gif

But non joking aside ,  most of these shop owner work so hard to run these stores because they love the hobby and want to share that as well as help support themselves. Which we know is not a super lucrative proposition . Then losing it all due to this is heartbreaking.

I agree that something has got to be done to not only help those that have lost so much , and to not only stop , but prosecute them as well. Although I do realize nothing will ever truly replace the true loss in these situations..

2 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

But non joking aside ,  most of these shop owner work so hard to run these stores because they love the hobby and want to share that as well as help support themselves. Which we know is not a super lucrative proposition . Then losing it all due to this is heartbreaking.

I agree that something has got to be done to not only help those that have lost so much , and to not only stop , but prosecute them as well. Although I do realize nothing will ever truly replace the true loss in these situations..

This is true of any shop owner, from books to bagels, who started from scratch, sink or swim, and by determination and the sweat of their brow managed to build a business successful and lucrative enough to sustain itself and afford that owner enough profit to put food on the table for themselves and family. Gone! Poof! First the lockdown eliminated the customers and now the rampant, undeterred rioting and looting are eliminating the businesses. Being fully allowed to run its course unimpeded by abdicated authority, the main question now is what will remain, if anything, when and if ever over.  

On 6/2/2020 at 11:52 PM, Myowncollector said:

I can see them breaking glass. Looking for cash in register. Taking some cool looking toys statues. But the only thing they would do with comics is burn them. A lot of shops don't have wall books. Sure if they see a wall book or something under glass with a expensive price tag it's gone. But not going to be running out with long boxes.

I can just picture someone looting a comic book store and running out with a long box under each arm..yelling out...  "I've got Fish Police and Sleepwalker comics, I'm rich man rich!"

What was really disturbing in my town was that stores were not only looted and merchandise stolen but just plain trashed. This includes businesses that didn’t even have anything to steal. A yoga studio, sushi place and other businesses. Just total Anarchy. 

10 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

This is true of any shop owner, from books to bagels, who started from scratch, sink or swim, and by determination and the sweat of their brow managed to build a business successful and lucrative enough to sustain itself and afford that owner enough profit to put food on the table for themselves and family. Gone! Poof! First the lockdown eliminated the customers and now the rampant, undeterred rioting and looting are eliminating the businesses. Being fully allowed to run its course unimpeded by abdicated authority, the main question now is what will remain, if anything, when and if ever over.  

Your description matched this story: https://abcnews.go.com/US/theyre-thinking-vandalize-store-black-business-owner-recounts/story?id=71018720

1 hour ago, Bookery said:

We have a protest scheduled to begin in a couple of hours that will be gathering just 200-feet from my shop.

Well, here's you chance to free up some storage space then..........leave out all your long boxes of Valiants, Image, B&W's, etc. as your first line of defence.  :bigsmile:

Seriously though, I hope the temperature has dampned down enough that they have stopped with the looting and all of the other violent damage inflicting behavior.  :wishluck:

1 hour ago, Bookery said:

We have a protest scheduled to begin in a couple of hours that will be gathering just 200-feet from my shop.

Time set up temp tent out front that looks either like a CDC isolation tent or Bug Fumigation Tent 33494121_H26256743-720x445.jpg.d78124ccb1b0ffb8411b0338ef3bce70.jpg

and Fill it with Bear Mace..  Seriously though just stay safe. Really do hope the best in whatever situation lies ahead. Good Luck.

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite
Add image

On 6/2/2020 at 11:42 PM, James J Johnson said:

Well, some of the crews dealing carnage in the street look to me to be as well-equipped, and as well-choreographed and practiced as your average SWAT team. Watch how the guys with the Ninja garb that look at first like paramilitary operate. You send 12 in at a time against 1 homeowner who has no training other than the instruction manual for a weapon he's never even fired, the SWAT team will come out on top every time. 

So you assume the other neighbors are just going to stand and watch? Not in my neighborhood. Your concern is valid, but it does not speak for everyone.

21 hours ago, Lobo1969 said:

meh

Meanwhile in Canada, no 2nd amendment, no problems! If that statement upsets you, too bad.

In before the lock!

Yeah, it's all those nasty, law abiding gun owners that are causing all the mayhem!! 

5 hours ago, Harley Troy said:

So you assume the other neighbors are just going to stand and watch? 

I wouldn't base my fate and the fate of my family on the assumption that my neighbors won't stand and watch or barricade themselves in their homes any more than I would assume the police will deter an organized mob. The police, if present, may join the neighbors in simply standing by and watching or even running in the opposite direction. Police don't seem to act like police anymore, and of course that's because they are being instructed to not act like police. To not serve and protect. I have no idea as to which of my neighbors are and which ones aren't heroic, or who is or isn't battle-tested, and passed that test in the midst of a riot,  in my neighborhood, under circumstances when systems break down. This is uncharted territory and in it, I wouldn't assume anyone would act in any certain way, other than those hellbent on destroying. And when systems break down, you have only yourself to count on. You act, and if you're lucky enough to emerge from it in one piece, it's because you made your own good luck by depending on yourself, regardless of any outside help that either came or didn't. . 

Edited by James J Johnson

9 hours ago, James J Johnson said:

Keep us posted on how you're doing, if possible. 

It ended up being mostly local high school and college students... about 300.  They ended up marching in circles around the downtown area for about 3 hours, but didn't do anything beyond carrying signs and shouting slogans.  We weren't able to do much of any business during that period (they took up most of the downtown parking, and what few customers made it downtown had to wait for the protest waves to pass by each time to get in or out of the stores) but there was no damage or any attempts to do any.  It helped also that it was all during daytime.

I imagine when we move on to whatever the next round the apocalypse brings (my money is on alien invasion) that the CGC board will be pretty busy with lookouts for stolen slab serial numbers. We seem to do a great job with that sort of thing. 

Edited by mackenzie999