Comiclink auction tonight... 6/2/2020
3 3

42 posts in this topic

1,847 posts

I was surprised to see there was not a thread made on this since there are some nice pieces... anyone in it to win it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 posts

I think I won the wolverine 12 page, but the final bids aren't showing up. It says I'm the highest bidder on my list though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847 posts
6 minutes ago, artdisease said:

I think I won the wolverine 12 page, but the final bids aren't showing up. It says I'm the highest bidder on my list though

Wolverine 12 page 19  is showing a final price of 1700... nice piece it was in my watched

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,517 posts

I think it might be flying under the radar.  Only 6 pages of material.  That Kirby TOS 39 recreation seems to be cheap so far.  There is another page I might bid on.  I am hoping it goes up so I am not tempted.  I am trying to save for investing 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847 posts
3 minutes ago, Claudio said:

I think it might be flying under the radar.  Only 6 pages of material.  That Kirby TOS 39 recreation seems to be cheap so far.  There is another page I might bid on.  I am hoping it goes up so I am not tempted.  I am trying to save for investing 

I am thinking the same thing.. I was trying to sit it out.. but won the Adams Storm cover because it sat way below what I thought it was going to go for

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 posts
9 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Wolverine 12 page 19  is showing a final price of 1700... nice piece it was in my watched

Yep I won. I couldn't resist that SNIKT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,565 posts

Frazetta market going strong. The Arcanum illo sold for $11k in 2017. $23k tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847 posts

I think that Avengers annual page went cheaper then the last couple if memory serves me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,948 posts
42 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I am thinking the same thing.. I was trying to sit it out.. but won the Adams Storm cover because it sat way below what I thought it was going to go for

 

Yeah that wasn’t a bad price. Congrats. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847 posts
12 minutes ago, cloud cloddie said:

Yeah that wasn’t a bad price. Congrats. 

I am not complaining.. Man.. people were scared of that kirby recreation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847 posts
10 minutes ago, Blastaar said:

Let’s pass around a hat and get the McFarlane Hulk cover. 

Lol- you are good at finding deals... where are the Mcfarlane deals???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
993 posts
13 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Lol- you are good at finding deals... where are the Mcfarlane deals???

Wolverine unleased looks like it’s going to go to on the cheap side. Better pull the trigger. It’s right up your alley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,847 posts
1 minute ago, Blastaar said:

Wolverine unleased looks like it’s going to go to on the cheap side. Better pull the trigger. It’s right up your alley.

that looked like a good buy.. but I am tapped.. lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
993 posts
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

that looked like a good buy.. but I am tapped.. lol

I was going in on the low side and got blasted away. Doubled in 30 seconds. 

Edited by Blastaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,615 posts

I want to post some additional results from this auction for reference, before Clink deletes them:

  • Joe Albelo Peter Porker, Spec Spidey Ham #13 cover = $4.2K
  • Aparo B&B #139 cover tripped the reserve and ended at $12K
  • Breyfogle Batman #456 cover = $7K
  • J Buscema MTIO #34 cover = $9.6K
  • Byrne FF 278p1 (Dr. Doom splash) = $18.4K
  • Capullo Batman 68 splash = $10K
  • Cockrum Thor 278 cover = $20.25K
  • Colan DD 93p1 splash + $10k
  • Finch Batman The Dark Knight #11 cover = $13.25K
  • Gibbons GL 176 cover = $5.1K
  • Golden Avengers Ann10p8 = $7.3K
  • Jones Sandman #22p1 (only 1 panel featuring Lucifer...otherwise, no recognizable Sandman characters) = $6.1K
  • Kane DD 124 cover = $17.5K
  • Kane/Romita ASM 90 cover = $123K
  • Layton Iron Man 246 cover = $15.8K
  • Leonardi Cloak & Dagger #1p25 = $2.1K
  • McHulk #343 cover = $66K
  • McHulk #337p1 splash = $8.9K
  • McASM #311p24 = $12K
  • McSpidey 4p7 = $11K
  • Mcniven ASM 697 cover = $7.5K
  • Miller Ronin large illo = $3.1K
  • Novick Batman 215p1 splash (Batman punches Robin) = $9.6K
  • Zeck MOKF 74 cover = $6.2K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,195 posts

I was watching the Aparo page from JLA 200 with the Phantom Stranger and Aquaman. The page went for $2,920, and I think that was a surprising strong price for a 1982 Aparo page with a mediocre rendering of PS.

RADCB99F2020225_132242.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79 posts

crazy price for the McF Hulk cover.  One thing that frustrates me about Comiclink is their search function only looks at the title, not the content.  When I did a search for Hulk, it never came up with the Wolverine pages.  Frustrating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,615 posts
43 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

I was watching the Aparo page from JLA 200 with the Phantom Stranger and Aquaman. The page went for $2,920, and I think that was a surprising strong price for a 1982 Aparo page with a mediocre rendering of PS.

RADCB99F2020225_132242.jpg

Its about right and in line with the premium that other pages from this issue have sold for previously

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,615 posts
25 minutes ago, joefixit2 said:

crazy price for the McF Hulk cover.  One thing that frustrates me about Comiclink is their search function only looks at the title, not the content.  When I did a search for Hulk, it never came up with the Wolverine pages.  Frustrating.

Agreed.  Albert Moy had the 341 cover on his site for $35K approximately 18 months ago.  I prefer that cover over the one that sold on Clink.

Still, congrats to the seller, and buyer! :golfclap:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
3 3