• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink auction tonight... 6/2/2020
3 3

42 posts in this topic

I think it might be flying under the radar.  Only 6 pages of material.  That Kirby TOS 39 recreation seems to be cheap so far.  There is another page I might bid on.  I am hoping it goes up so I am not tempted.  I am trying to save for investing 

3 minutes ago, Claudio said:

I think it might be flying under the radar.  Only 6 pages of material.  That Kirby TOS 39 recreation seems to be cheap so far.  There is another page I might bid on.  I am hoping it goes up so I am not tempted.  I am trying to save for investing 

I am thinking the same thing.. I was trying to sit it out.. but won the Adams Storm cover because it sat way below what I thought it was going to go for

13 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

Lol- you are good at finding deals... where are the Mcfarlane deals???

Wolverine unleased looks like it’s going to go to on the cheap side. Better pull the trigger. It’s right up your alley.

I want to post some additional results from this auction for reference, before Clink deletes them:

• Joe Albelo Peter Porker, Spec Spidey Ham #13 cover = $4.2K
  • Aparo B&B #139 cover tripped the reserve and ended at $12K
  • Breyfogle Batman #456 cover = $7K
  • J Buscema MTIO #34 cover = $9.6K
  • Byrne FF 278p1 (Dr. Doom splash) = $18.4K
  • Capullo Batman 68 splash = $10K
  • Cockrum Thor 278 cover = $20.25K
  • Colan DD 93p1 splash + $10k
  • Finch Batman The Dark Knight #11 cover = $13.25K
  • Gibbons GL 176 cover = $5.1K
  • Golden Avengers Ann10p8 = $7.3K
  • Jones Sandman #22p1 (only 1 panel featuring Lucifer...otherwise, no recognizable Sandman characters) = $6.1K
  • Kane DD 124 cover = $17.5K
  • Kane/Romita ASM 90 cover = $123K
  • Layton Iron Man 246 cover = $15.8K
  • Leonardi Cloak & Dagger #1p25 = $2.1K
  • McHulk #343 cover = $66K
  • McHulk #337p1 splash = $8.9K
  • McASM #311p24 = $12K
  • McSpidey 4p7 = $11K
  • Mcniven ASM 697 cover = $7.5K
  • Miller Ronin large illo = $3.1K
  • Novick Batman 215p1 splash (Batman punches Robin) = $9.6K
  • Zeck MOKF 74 cover = $6.2K

I was watching the Aparo page from JLA 200 with the Phantom Stranger and Aquaman. The page went for $2,920, and I think that was a surprising strong price for a 1982 Aparo page with a mediocre rendering of PS.

RADCB99F2020225_132242.jpg

crazy price for the McF Hulk cover.  One thing that frustrates me about Comiclink is their search function only looks at the title, not the content.  When I did a search for Hulk, it never came up with the Wolverine pages.  Frustrating.

43 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

I was watching the Aparo page from JLA 200 with the Phantom Stranger and Aquaman. The page went for $2,920, and I think that was a surprising strong price for a 1982 Aparo page with a mediocre rendering of PS.

RADCB99F2020225_132242.jpg

Its about right and in line with the premium that other pages from this issue have sold for previously

25 minutes ago, joefixit2 said:

crazy price for the McF Hulk cover.  One thing that frustrates me about Comiclink is their search function only looks at the title, not the content.  When I did a search for Hulk, it never came up with the Wolverine pages.  Frustrating.

Agreed.  Albert Moy had the 341 cover on his site for $35K approximately 18 months ago.  I prefer that cover over the one that sold on Clink.

Still, congrats to the seller, and buyer! :golfclap: