• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiclink auction tonight... 6/2/2020
3 3

42 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

I was watching the Aparo page from JLA 200 with the Phantom Stranger and Aquaman. The page went for $2,920, and I think that was a surprising strong price for a 1982 Aparo page with a mediocre rendering of PS.

RADCB99F2020225_132242.jpg

9 minutes ago, jjonahjameson11 said:

Its about right and in line with the premium that other pages from this issue have sold for previously

Yeah, I was watching that one too out of interest. I vaguely recall another JLA #200 page selling in a previous ComicLink auction for a comparable price (just can't remember the details.) But it's definitely a nice piece, from a fan-favorite issue, including two characters very associated with Jim Aparo. And I think that there are enough Phantom Stranger fans/collectors out there so that it's not unimaginable that this piece caught the eyes of a few of them, who wound up in a bit of a bidding war. 

19 minutes ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

This one was kicking around on a dealers site on and off for years.  I *think* it was last listed at $5K

3 hours ago, TommyRaiko said:

Yeah, I was watching that one too out of interest. I vaguely recall another JLA #200 page selling in a previous ComicLink auction for a comparable price (just can't remember the details.) But it's definitely a nice piece, from a fan-favorite issue, including two characters very associated with Jim Aparo. And I think that there are enough Phantom Stranger fans/collectors out there so that it's not unimaginable that this piece caught the eyes of a few of them, who wound up in a bit of a bidding war. 

I can’t say I know what the additional value attributable to the JLA publication is, but I do follow Phantom Stranger art fairly closely and the Aparo art from PS’s own book is superior to this rendition. The Aquaman, however, was nice. I would have expected it to go for a bit over 2k. By the way, there are not a lot of Phantom Stranger collectors out there. I can only think of 2 others who strongly concentrate, with some others who buy when available on occasion.

Edited by Rick2you2

20 hours ago, Unstoppablejayd said:

I am not complaining.. Man.. people were scared of that kirby recreation

2019 at auction sold for $23.8 K

2020 CLink sold for $8,100

The curse of the mysterious “assistant(s)” may have contributed to the drop in price.

On 6/3/2020 at 5:36 AM, Rick2you2 said:

I was watching the Aparo page from JLA 200 with the Phantom Stranger and Aquaman. The page went for $2,920, and I think that was a surprising strong price for a 1982 Aparo page with a mediocre rendering of PS.

I was watching this page too and ultimately decided not to bid.

On 6/3/2020 at 5:43 PM, grapeape said:

2019 at auction sold for $23.8 K

2020 CLink sold for $8,100

The curse of the mysterious “assistant(s)” may have contributed to the drop in price.

I remember when I lost $80 on a piece. 

On 6/2/2020 at 9:48 PM, Unstoppablejayd said:

I am not complaining.. Man.. people were scared of that kirby recreation

What did the Kirby recreation sell for?

2nd place on the Campbell X-Men cover. 

I wanted it, but I'd rather have the Jean Grey one if it ever comes up. 

I did win the Invincible cover pretty cheap. ($1450) Was kind of surprised honestly since whenever art goes up on Felix's site it gets devoured before I can get a page most times. It being a variant cover was probably the culprit if I had to guess. Still, it's an Ottley Invincible cover. Will go swell with my other 2. 

`26.jpg

On 6/3/2020 at 6:36 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Wow! I paid $900 in March of 2011 for the Flash/Elongated Man page from that issue by Infantino and Giacoia. Bought it from Mike Burkey who was kind enough to let me stretch the payments. Glad I got it when I did!

1911010520_InfantinoCarmine-JusticeLeagueofAmerica200Page37-FlashandElongatedMan.jpg.8f013cafbf9731dba6ae4690193c3504.jpg

Edited by alxjhnsn