• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very Disappointing First and Last Experience
3 3

172 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Mully79 said:

Seriously been a blast. Remember this day, the day you all got owned by a day 1 noob. Take care now, bye bye then.

It's been a while since I have seen someone do a drive-by posting like this and make a complete @ss of themselves.  Like the hundred years between Covid outbreaks, there is some relief in the middle.

6 minutes ago, AstuTE said:

Serious question:

CGC used to say that the grading notes were more for things that weren't obvious. Say your cover had a book long sub crease; this wouldn't necessarily be listed in the notes because it's so obvious when you look at the book.

Is this still a thing? Do the grading notes list everything that's wrong with a book?

Doesn't matter. We should all be able to infer all issues by reading between the lines. If @Mully79 believes we can guess a grade based on notes and not actually seeing the comic, then that should be just as easy to figure out. We can call this the "Mully Doctrine". Grading without actually looking at the comic. Actually, now that I think about it, PGX likely follows the Mully Doctrine.

1 hour ago, Mully79 said:

Seriously been a blast. Remember this day, the day you all got owned by a day 1 noob. Take care now, bye bye then.

Welcome to the boards.  Take a photo and we'll tell you if it's been harshly graded.  Honestly, I had a submission recently and it was about 1.0 point lower then I expected.  I think there's a tougher grader recently so I empathize with your situation. 

2 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

Welcome to the boards.  Take a photo and we'll tell you if it's been harshly graded.  Honestly, I had a submission recently and it was about 1.0 point lower then I expected.  I think there's a tougher grader recently so I empathize with your situation. 

You're not going to acknowledge that you got owned by a Day 1 n00b...?

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

I actually can empathize because I had a raw that was a 8.0 from the PGM by consensus and it still came back a point lower. I think they are grading much more harshly now.

I've been off by 0.5 almost every "grade is in" update I see. Both ways, too.

Just now, Wolverinex said:

I think it's still pretty subjective at points and some graders are probably more harsh then others.

Nah. I'm convinced that it's a conspiracy. They're obviously reading all of my grades and making sure I'm wrong. :pullhair:

On 6/4/2020 at 11:44 AM, Mully79 said:

The grade was at a minimum two tiers below what I was expecting. 

Noob.