• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very Disappointing First and Last Experience
3 3

172 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Mully79 said:

I would argue that the notes are deliberately vague. Because CGC does not want to held liable for their employees incompetence.

What liability? CGC doesn't guarantee anything except that at least two graders examined your book.

Noobs. :facepalm:

On 6/4/2020 at 12:44 PM, Mully79 said:

Just had my first comic graded by CGC and I have to say, I am at a loss for words. My initial reaction was of shear disbelief. The grade was at a minimum two tiers below what I was expecting. I’ll be case breaking upon arrival to make a video on it. In a way I’m kind of glad though, at least I’ll save money by never using this service again. Absolutely horrible.

This actually now brings back memories of two years ago to my first CGC submission... I had an ASM 5 that I thought would be a 5.0 or so... it came back a 3.5.

My perspective was, well, that's how they grade... tough... so factor it in.

As I kept submitting, though, I realized... oh... wait... my grading skills might be just a teensy bit off. xD

And you also get CGC wins on the other side... later on, an ASM 121 that I thought was a 7.5 (PGM board consensus was the same) got the joeypost treatment and came back a 9.4.

Very Disappointing,  First and Last Experience..  Reading this Thread.  I am sure Voldy will appreciate the buisness. 

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

1 hour ago, AstuTE said:

Serious question:

CGC used to say that the grading notes were more for things that weren't obvious. Say your cover had a book long sub crease; this wouldn't necessarily be listed in the notes because it's so obvious when you look at the book.

Is this still a thing? Do the grading notes list everything that's wrong with a book?

I think the quantity/quality of the notes still varies significantly.

10 minutes ago, AstuTE said:
3 hours ago, comicdonna said:

I'll have you know, that I am quite the looker. 

A little thin for a lumberjack but you're alright :foryou:

I wonder if his dog likes your comment

4 hours ago, Mully79 said:

Why would I mention the grade? All you experts should be able to tell me by the graders notes. Yet all the sudden it got quite. 

I actually feel for Mully79 and appreciate their stance. I mean, I had submitted some books and when I got them back they were inside this plasticy case and I couldn't even figure out how to READ my funny book. 

3 hours ago, Mully79 said:

Seriously been a blast. Remember this day, the day you all got owned by a day 1 noob. Take care now, bye bye then.

You aren't really gone, are you?

Now how are we going to give you your prize for being the 10,000th person to realize their grading sucks after getting the results from their first submission? :frown:

Best thing about this thread, knowing this person got so upset over a grade they thought they deserved but didn't get. This thread will be gone in a few days and no one will ever remember you. The grade you got from CGC will be with you for life, a fitting outcome.

Edited by IbukiLord

1 hour ago, Wolverinex said:

He's acting out.  I'm not going to flame the fire.

Fan the flames, this guy could be another @BITCOINSWAMI! lol

2 hours ago, comicdonna said:

Is that a tea stirrer by the tea cup?

There is a cup of tea in this picture? Who is looking at that?! 

21 hours ago, Mully79 said:

If I can’t trust the graders notes to be accurate, as you pointed out, why should I trust the actual grade itself. 

They ARE accurate.  But insufficient to assign numerical grades.  

Post a scan if you genuinely want feedback.