• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Underappreciated/Underused Marvel Bronze Age Artists
2 2

37 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, fett said:

My first nominee Frank Brunner. I heard he had alot of trouble making deadlines and other issues. Mostly known for his work on the good Doctor, but I wish he had done more for Marvel.

Here's what I think is a cool Brunner item.  I won this one Hake's several years ago. 

FRANK BRUNNER FANTASY ENGRAVING LOT

1938514522_FireShotCapture274-Hakes-FRANKBRUNNERFANTASYENGRAVINGLOT.-www.hakes_com.thumb.png.0449613b0a2f17d89e29eebc4057538e.png

Frank Brunner has always been recognised as a great artist, same with Rogers and Gulacy.

Someone I believe really is underrated is Keith Pollard, who did superb work on Thor's Eternals and Ragnarok / Ring Cycle Saga.

Also, I'll add Alex Nino and Steve Gan.

Edited by Ken Aldred

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Frank Brunner has always been recognised as a great artist, same with Rogers and Gulacy.

Someone I believe really is underrated is Keith Pollard, who did superb work on Thor's Eternals and Ragnarok / Ring Cycle Saga.

Also, I'll add Alex Nino and Steve Gan.

Great call. I loved the ring cycle saga as a kid and still re-read my Thor Eternals TPBs almost every year!

9.-3.jpg?resize=679%2C1024&ssl=1

Pollard is a great choice. His stuff was never flashy but it was nice solid pleasing work 

For me, it's Mike Ploog. Okay, he's not underappreciated but he definitely was underutilized

MT8.jpg

Edited by Jeffro.

55 minutes ago, Jeffro. said:

Pollard is a great choice. His stuff was never flashy but it was nice solid pleasing work 

For me, it's Mike Ploog. Okay, he's not underappreciated but he definitely was underutilized

MT8.jpg

Great choice. I APLOOG!! :) 

Frankenstein003.jpg

Frankenstein004.jpg

MarvelSpotlight008.jpg