• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this for real? DC Cuts Ties with Diamond Comic Distributors
5 5

178 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, kimik said:

Just got a text from my file LCS so it is accurate. DC will be using the companies listed in the article for distribution going forward.

Do you know if this will help or hurt local shops? This is interesting; a big shift.

Edited by bb8

Good for DC's independence .. I think they will make more money.. sad to see them behind Marvel on units and dollars.. hopefully they do well with the change and focus on the stories, not gimmicks like Marvel

I am 100% sure that this is the first step in DC no longer publishing physical copies of monthly comics. They will go online only for the monthly books and then release collections as trades - the fact that there are two different distributors is a huge tell.

BTW if you're not in the United States I have no idea how you're going to get DC books, as there's no overseas agreement with the two new companies.

6 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I am 100% sure that this is the first step in DC no longer publishing physical copies of monthly comics. They will go online only for the monthly books and then release collections as trades - the fact that there are two different distributors is a huge tell.

BTW if you're not in the United States I have no idea how you're going to get DC books, as there's no overseas agreement with the two new companies.

Wow! really? I dont understand how having two distributor is a tell?

59 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

I think you're right. The cost incentive just isn't there for floppies anymore. I'd expect trades and gn's for the comic shops, and early reader/Scholastic type books for the book market. Whatever is happening, it's big.

28 minutes ago, F For Fake said:

I think you're right. The cost incentive just isn't there for floppies anymore. I'd expect trades and gn's for the comic shops, and early reader/Scholastic type books for the book market. Whatever is happening, it's big.

It's sad ! there were rumors before Covid, Dc was gonna stop publishing monthlies, I agree with you and @FlyingDonut

What will happen to Marvel & Diamond as well?

Time will tell.....

A lot of anger with Diamond. I'm not shocked. Not sure if this is the end.... or the beginning. I'm thinking the second.

Edited by Rip

Reading the article, Diamond's cash flow problems seem to be a big concern, and DC's actions a move towards greater long-term distribution stability in the physical market, not necessarily foreshadowing a transition to digital.

Basically, finding someone else more reliable who can do the job better.  And, that's understandable.

Edited by Ken Aldred

This is going to be a major pain point. Adding distributors will include additional costs, not to mention ecommerce upload files will be a pain. I'll have to map an entirely new data feed for each new distributor since they likely won't all be the same. Hopefully the other distributors will actually provide easy to work with data, or even a useful app to work with.