• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you open this sealed Spider-Man comic?
3 3

65 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Dave2739 said:

Right on! @Get Marwood & I I should have known you would come back with a quick reply on that one. Should've tagged you in my earlier post.

Four patches, two Hulks. Hulk like. 

1 hour ago, XxSpideyxX said:

How did you find this?!?! 

I remembered the ad (mostly because of ASM 252 being one of the issues pictured) and went to find it when I first read this thread. I didn't see it in the first few issues I checked and then ended up getting distracted. By the time i got back here, it had been posted.

So it shouldn't have been too hard to find.

3 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

They don't appear from the same month ( ASM #252 May 1984 cover date) -- I did the best I could identify them-- the X-Men appears to be older by comparison (July 1983)

That's odd. I never looked closely at the issues before, but it's very strange that one issue is from a significantly different date.

11 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

That's odd. I never looked closely at the issues before, but it's very strange that one issue is from a significantly different date.

I only collect ASM comics and am only somewhat familiar with other Marvel keys.  But based on my limited knowledge, it seems that, from a purely investment perspective, ‘Option D’ was the best choice!

25 minutes ago, XxSpideyxX said:

I only collect ASM comics and am only somewhat familiar with other Marvel keys.  But based on my limited knowledge, it seems that, from a purely investment perspective, ‘Option D’ was the best choice!

Option 'ASM' is always the best choice

5 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

cookiecrisp-marvelb.jpg.d68474062482098a59ee10c9b3515470.jpg

2 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

and the other form shows even more different comics, albeit no actual issue numbers shown-- but I bet someone could figure out what images they match up to. that somebody will not be me.

5 hours ago, 01TheDude said:
11 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

cookiecrisp-marvelb.jpg.d68474062482098a59ee10c9b3515470.jpg

8 hours ago, Lazyboy said:

and the other form shows even more different comics, albeit no actual issue numbers shown-- but I bet someone could figure out what images they match up to. that somebody will not be me

The Hulk is #289 but I'm pretty sure the ASM is a mock up - there's no cover I'm aware of that looks like that. 

1212117.jpg.5089a67ace369ade96c21bf6a51f9646.jpg

17 hours ago, XxSpideyxX said:

LOL!  Do they even do that???  Would they grade the envelope?  HAHAH.  Off-white pages for sure!

They might but I imagine it would have to be "NG"

what I would do is even put it in ANOTHER envelope, then mail it to myself!!