• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you open this sealed Spider-Man comic?
3 3

65 posts in this topic

23 hours ago, Pontoon said:

The kneeling Hulk patch came in my box and the FF I got was #266, not #267 as pictured.

marvel-comics-fantastic-four-vol-1-issue-266.jpg

That is interesting- do you remember if it came in the same type of mailer and can you recall what option it was? Was this promotion very limited--or could you buy multiple boxes and send away for additional comics?

On 6/6/2020 at 2:43 PM, David Buck said:

If that one is any indication the OP should leave it sealed. That looks like an 8.5 so it wouldn't be worthwhile. 

I wonder if cgc would even encapsulate that with a NG slab? The envelope might exceed the size limit. 

I think you should contact the people who live there... that would be such a trip.

I was scanning some books in earlier, and came across several with names or initials on there, and I was thinking how much I'd love to find those people and see if it mattered to them to see that book again.  In particular this guy below! (he also signed the first interior page)  If I had a name and address like you do, I'd definitely reach out... 

That said, if it's still in the envelope, I wonder if whoever owned it ever really cared in the first place, so maybe it wouldn't be as much fun as I'm imagining.

70-FN.thumb.jpg.b17ee70e01035fba46c09ecdcf93fdd0.jpg

70Back-FN.thumb.jpg.787fc18060af374df117347cf57abd49.jpg

Late to the party on this one, but I have the X-men version of this. My envelope has "Option-E X-men" on the label. I can't remember where I got it from (probably e-Bay), and I bought it opened. The comic inside is Uncanny X-men 181 (in about Fine condition). Since #181 is dated May 1984, same as the ASM #252 and the Alpha Flight #10, I'm inclined to believe the ad wasn't necessarily indicative of what you would get.

But to answer your original question: do not open it!

Edited by highfivephase
adding text