• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Huge turnaround time / backlogged ?
2 2

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys;

Just wondering if anyone else has had a painfully long wait or or seemingly inaccurate Submission "Received dates" in My Submissions? I sent two lots of books, one with 4 modern aged books, and a second about a week later with 15 books shipped to CGC for grading, pressing and slabbing. I received an email from one of the receiving clerks on February 24th, 2020, to let me know that the packaging took a hit during shipping.  We exchanged a couple of emails, and then haven't heard anything since (Submission # 2103316 and # 2097861). 

I was shocked to log in to CGC recently and discover that in my Submission Status, that it states that the "Received date" is May 8th and 12th, 2020, respectively. Does this happen frequently or to anyone else? How is it possible that I receive an email from the Receiving Clerk late February, and to have my Submission Status show the books as Received May 8th and 12th?  I know that the whole process takes time, but it feels as if something has gone off the rails with my submissions. Am I alone in this? Thank you for your input. 

Larenzo 

On 6/6/2020 at 8:33 AM, LarenzoJensen said:

Hey guys;

Just wondering if anyone else has had a painfully long wait or or seemingly inaccurate Submission "Received dates" in My Submissions? I sent two lots of books, one with 4 modern aged books, and a second about a week later with 15 books shipped to CGC for grading, pressing and slabbing. I received an email from one of the receiving clerks on February 24th, 2020, to let me know that the packaging took a hit during shipping.  We exchanged a couple of emails, and then haven't heard anything since (Submission # 2103316 and # 2097861). 

I was shocked to log in to CGC recently and discover that in my Submission Status, that it states that the "Received date" is May 8th and 12th, 2020, respectively. Does this happen frequently or to anyone else? How is it possible that I receive an email from the Receiving Clerk late February, and to have my Submission Status show the books as Received May 8th and 12th?  I know that the whole process takes time, but it feels as if something has gone off the rails with my submissions. Am I alone in this? Thank you for your input. 

Larenzo 

The CGC turnaround times are also MUCH faster than CCS. CGC is also faster than normal right now due to the lack of conventions.

Keep an eye on the status for the next week or so.

I submitted a shipment in March for CCS services and it took 88 days to get to CGC. Within 3 business days they made it through CGC received, scheduled for grading and grading/quality control. Based on their current turnaround times I am expecting them to be finalized and shipped by this Friday.

It was very shortly after this message that I received my books; I have to admit, the Customer Service from CGC is top notch, and I had someone in touch with me momentarily after I posted this. My faith restored, I think it's just the actual Couriers are swamped right now because of the COVID-19 pandemic. 

I am very, very satisfied with the help I've received from CGC. Make mine CGC :)

That’s great news Larenzo! Glad you got your books! I’m having similar fears of my submission having gone off the rails too. I submitted a CCS magazine walk through that was received June 17.  The site shows 10 business day turnaround but it’s been 15. It’s the first time the book has been out of my possession in over 27 years and I’ve worried myself to death lol . 
In that same submission were two comic walk throughs and they both breezed right thru and I received them both back over a week ago. But the magazine is just hanging.

CGC is the worst.

Here's my first order went: I shipped in the middle of July; per USPS it arrived about 7 days later; it then took CGC 2 weeks to update my status to received; about 3 months later the pressing was completed and my status was changed to "scheduled for grading"; it has been scheduled for grading for 10 days.

TAKEAWAYS:

1. Do not have your comics pressed with CGC unless you like waiting. I press them with a local guy now - he takes 7 days to press 10-12 books. 

2. Do not expect these clowns to mark your goods "received" until they've been there for 2 weeks. 

3. If you want slabs by Christmas, send them before Easter. 

P.S. - I saw an ad noting CGC as hiring for cards and other collectibles, but not for comics. If they're not hiring for comic pressing and grading, then they should be ashamed of themselves for making their customers wait so long. 

P.S. - It is atrocious that people can pay extra to have their comics rushed; essentially skipping the line in front of collectors who don't have a ton of money to waste. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to switch grading companies. 

• Administrator
13 hours ago, James Struss said:

CGC is the worst.

Here's my first order went: I shipped in the middle of July; per USPS it arrived about 7 days later; it then took CGC 2 weeks to update my status to received; about 3 months later the pressing was completed and my status was changed to "scheduled for grading"; it has been scheduled for grading for 10 days.

TAKEAWAYS:

1. Do not have your comics pressed with CGC unless you like waiting. I press them with a local guy now - he takes 7 days to press 10-12 books. 

2. Do not expect these clowns to mark your goods "received" until they've been there for 2 weeks. 

3. If you want slabs by Christmas, send them before Easter. 

P.S. - I saw an ad noting CGC as hiring for cards and other collectibles, but not for comics. If they're not hiring for comic pressing and grading, then they should be ashamed of themselves for making their customers wait so long. 

P.S. - It is atrocious that people can pay extra to have their comics rushed; essentially skipping the line in front of collectors who don't have a ton of money to waste. I'm almost at the point where I'm going to switch grading companies. 

Sorry it took so long to get your books back to you, pressing can add a bit more time to submissions. I just wanted to add that CGC is hiring as well! Please share if you know anyone that might be interested. :) https://recruitingbypaycor.com/career/CareerHome.action?clientId=8a7882525c3d7d8e015c6b03a47c11dc