• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you ship bulk comics in a way that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?
1 1

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

I have to ship between 80 and 100 comics. I know someone mentioned that you can get a lot of comics into a large Priority Mail box, but I can't see getting 75 comics into that box, let alone 100 comics.

What do you do when you need to ship that many comics? I have about fifty 12" x 9" x 4" boxes, but those won't do me a lot of good in this case.

Ship in two separate medium rate Priority boxes if that works out cheaper than filling one box with 100 comics.

Well, in addition to selling several large lots of comics, I also need to send 5 - 6 comics. What is the best way to do this? I thought about sandwiching the books between two pieces of cardboard, and then putting them inside a bubble mailer. I'm just afraid that an envelope like that will get mangled by the Post Office, either during the shipping phase, or by the carrier trying to jam it in a mailbox.

I also have some Gemini mailers. They work great, but a mailer will not fit into a 12" x 9" x 4" box, of which I have many. I don't feel comfortable with just sending inside the mailer.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

2 hours ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:

Well, in addition to selling several large lots of comics, I also need to send 5 - 6 comics. What is the best way to do this? I thought about sandwiching the books between two pieces of cardboard, and then putting them inside a bubble mailer. I'm just afraid that an envelope like that will get mangled by the Post Office, either during the shipping phase, or by the carrier trying to jam it in a mailbox.

I also have some Gemini mailers. They work great, but a mailer will not fit into a 12" x 9" x 4" box, of which I have many. I don't feel comfortable with just sending inside the mailer.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

I've had to send 5-6 comics a few times and used larger poly bag mailers~12x16 so I could use thicker cardboard and wrap it in bubble wrap myself.  Granted it's been just a handful of times but no problems so far

Priority flat rate bubble envelope. 

Secure 6 comics together safely in a magazine bag. Use 1 bubble mailer, seal and tape snugly. Insert into second bubble envelope with a stiff piece of corrugated cardboard. Seal and ship for $8.40 with tracking and $50 insurance. 

https://store.usps.com/store/product/shipping-supplies/priority-mail-padded-flat-rate-envelope-P_EP14PE 

On 6/28/2020 at 2:03 PM, Joe Ankenbauer said:

These work! The key is to make sure the books are secure and don't bump about. Depending upon how much I'm charging or how much the books went for I may opt for a Gemini media mail $2.80 for 1-2 comics and under $4 for a small stack. And it comes with tracking which is good for PayPal (one USPS will check my media's, one never does; I claim it's a book with no advertising).