• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales of Suspense thread
4 4

361 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Electron said:

Unfortunately I sold my 39 eons ago to chase gold. I’m back to building SA Marvel runs again (why did I ever leave??) and hope to get another copy soon. For now my run starts at 40. 

DD512519-C87E-4EB3-A13D-2EBBF093B13D.jpeg

That is a nice looking #40.  Was your #39 in about the same shape?  I just sold my #39 a couple of weeks ago because it had been trimmed and the staples were replaced (not by me). I bought it at WonderCon 12 years ago and didn’t notice it was restored until it came back from CGC with a purple label.  The plan was to put the money in savings and save up for a low grade universal to replace it, but I saw a Venus #19 for sale and couldn’t resist.  I hope a 2.0 isn’t $10,000 in a year or two.

Just now, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

That is a nice looking #40.  Was your #39 in about the same shape?  I just sold my #39 a couple of weeks ago because it had been trimmed and the staples were replaced (not by me). I bought it at WonderCon 12 years ago and didn’t notice it was restored until it came back from CGC with a purple label.  The plan was to put the money in savings and save up for a low grade universal to replace it, but I saw a Venus #19 for sale and couldn’t resist.  I hope a 2.0 isn’t $10,000 in a year or two.

Thanks! No, my 39 was a mid grade copy, around 5.0. Bought before the days of CGC for $250...:cry:

Sorry to hear about the undisclosed restoration on your 39, I hate those stories. Nice pick up on the Venus with the funds though, what a cover!

2 hours ago, Electron said:

Thanks! No, my 39 was a mid grade copy, around 5.0. Bought before the days of CGC for $250...:cry:

Sorry to hear about the undisclosed restoration on your 39, I hate those stories. Nice pick up on the Venus with the funds though, what a cover!

What badass Golden Age book did you get with the money from Iron Man?  On an unrelated note:  I have a feeling the Willie Lumpkin prototype is going to take off in the future.  Buy one now while you still can.

Tales of Suspense #27.jpg

Ha.  Mr. Doll.  I think he’s about ready for a reboot.  Maybe he’ll be the villian in Iron Man 4.  Who’s the worst villian: Mr. Doll or the Unicorn?  #56 was also weird because Pepper went from being mousy and unattractive to being hot in the span of two panels.  Quite the make over.  

Tales of Suspense #56.jpg