• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales to Astonish 1-101 thread
8 8

363 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, southern cross said:

This is the last of my TTA run. I'm a fan of Sub-mariner so I tend to buy better condition copies with him in it. 

Screenshot_20201030-100357.png

I put my mid grade run together because of the Hulk.  This cover is one of my favorites.  The story was reprinted in a pocketbook in the 80’s that I had as a kid and I’ve read it a million times.  You’re making me jealous and I want to spend money right now.  Curse you southerncross (just kidding)

1 hour ago, Jasonmorris1000000 said:

I put my mid grade run together because of the Hulk.  This cover is one of my favorites.  The story was reprinted in a pocketbook in the 80’s that I had as a kid and I’ve read it a million times.  You’re making me jealous and I want to spend money right now.  Curse you southerncross (just kidding)

lol

Kidding aside I really dig the TTA title.

I love the early monster books. The Ant-Man and wasp stories are ok. The subby and hulk stories are real fun reads and the covers are real cool. 

On 1/6/2021 at 12:47 AM, Primetime said:

Cover and swiped splash by Kirby/Ayers. 

62E17C9D-0E0C-4EA8-B712-E98E9FC77BF9.jpeg

E6557A97-AFE6-40D3-85BF-B8865AD1B697.jpeg

I'm confused -- did they use the same image on the cover as the splash page or is this splash from a different book entirely?

Also-- what is keeping that enormous monster from falling to the ground? He isn't on a ledge. (I"m just being picky now--- I still love the cover/art)

48 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

I'm confused -- did they use the same image on the cover as the splash page or is this splash from a different book entirely?

Also-- what is keeping that enormous monster from falling to the ground? He isn't on a ledge. (I"m just being picky now--- I still love the cover/art)

It's from the same book.

-bc

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

Either the splash was swiped to dupe the cover or vise versa. That monster is from the 6th dimension so they have gravitational powers :grin: