• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Paintings of Frazetta looks amazing.
1 1

31 posts in this topic

The largest format book ever published is going to be released in two formats by Vanguard Publishing on June 30. I have pre-ordered the limited signed edition with 16 extras pages and signatures some time back. I just clicked on the Vanguard website and they have a video preview of the book. In my opinion it is one the finest art books ever published.The  large format reproduction gives Frazetta the justice he deserves and it is like rediscovering his work again. I have all the Frazetta books, including Icon which is 9/10...but this one takes the cake. It is really great in these tough times to see a great product come, and we really need it.

Edited by Mmehdy

Wow thank you. This is a high quality collection. Love the cover, slip case and all the delicious art inside. I still have my 1975 Frazetta that my dad got me when I was 7....

9 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

The largest format book ever published is going to be released in two formats by Vanguard Publishing on June 30. I have pre-ordered the limited signed edition with 16 extras pages and signatures some time back. I just clicked on the Vanguard website and they have a video preview of the book. In my opinion it is one the finest art books ever published.The  large format reproduction gives Frazetta the justice he deserves and it is like rediscovering his work again. I have all the Frazetta books, including Icon which is 9/10...but this one takes the cake. It is really great in these tough times to see a great product come, and we really need it.

Some were talking about the book here.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/466942-frazetta-facts/?tab=comments#comment-11230362

I'm interested in the format of the new book as well. I know they made I think 3 versions of those old Frazetta books. Icon, Legacy, and Testament. I think those are what people would consider the reference Frazetta books. I own the slipcased versions. But I can't remember if the top version was even bigger. I'm fairly sure it came in a clam shell type case and was very expensive. But I only glimpsed it once. I guess it's time to search ebay and see.

I had the cardstock cover book from the 70's, threw it away long ago as the poor printing had not held up, faded....really not a great quality book from the start.   Not that I don't appreciate the efforts to bring this to a new audience, but what value (no offence meant) are the signatures of individuals other than Frazetta? 

I don't want these very familiar (and to be honest) way too often published artworks to be split page over page.  Give me an large artist size book with EVERY print fully clear and complete.. not carried over a spine.  The history of each work is appreciated, but I only really need to see what Frazetta considered his final product. 

I will pass, but understand the appeal to others.  And the efforts of all involved appreciated.

9 hours ago, Mmehdy said:

Update books loaded off ship and sold out to retailers. Vanguard has a few copies left....get the collectors edition as update on Vanguard website, 2d printing coming in Oct

2nd print of the collector's edition? Where are they posting this information? I believe Sensuous Frazetta deluxe still hasn't sold out.

6 hours ago, GeneticNinja said:

2nd print of the collector's edition? Where are they posting this information? I believe Sensuous Frazetta deluxe still hasn't sold out.

No second print of the regular edition.....