• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Paintings of Frazetta looks amazing.
1 1

31 posts in this topic

For the price of 39.99 it is amazing value, the paper is so thick you think you are turning more than 3 pages per page.....printing quality is the best of all the books on Fritz. With the improved and bigger sized images I have discovered new details in many of the paintings as well as a appreciation for his revisions along the way. The Book did call out Fritz for the EQ painting revision...a real gutsy call and I agree 100% it does change the meaning of the painting. the best book of the best book of the year by a mile.

My copy arrived yesterday.   I waited until late evening to open it, enjoying the anticipation.

What a great book!  And the quality for the price...  :applause:

A nice representation of his Conan paperback covers, Warren covers, movie posters, and other paperback covers.  Even some Canaveral Press ink drawings.

It put me in a very good mood for the rest of the night.  :smile:

On 7/28/2020 at 10:06 PM, Unca Ben said:

My copy arrived yesterday.   I waited until late evening to open it, enjoying the anticipation.

What a great book!  And the quality for the price...  :applause:

A nice representation of his Conan paperback covers, Warren covers, movie posters, and other paperback covers.  Even some Canaveral Press ink drawings.

It put me in a very good mood for the rest of the night.  :smile:

:applause:

21 hours ago, wombat said:

Where did you hear this?

9 hours ago, Stevemmg said:

It’s mentioned in the video. 

I probably breezed over it in the video as I was looking and pausing at the contents. I read it over on this forum where they have an Artist Edition topic that I check.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/marvelmasterworksfansite/spotlight-on-frank-frazetta-contains-nudity-t34258-s120.html

4 hours ago, Comic_Zone said:

Curious to know how it compares to his other books such as ‘ Icon’ and ‘Legacy.’  Would you recommend it if I already own these books? 

I imagine that in the end, the series of Vanguard books might equal or better the Icon, Legacy, and Testament books. I do like how that first series has insights from other artists. I believe it is Testament that has it. I have to check. Post #137 in that link above has a post from the publisher Vanguard about the book.

I have nostalgia for those three books though because they were some of the most expensive books I purchased at the time. I was just getting into high end books with slipcases. And there was a level above the deluxe copies too.

Edited by GeneticNinja