• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dragon's Lair & Space Ace Original Poster Artwork on Heritage

103 posts in this topic

I've put this invite out before but anyone interested in this type of material that hasn't seen the facebook group is welcome to join here https://www.facebook.com/groups/502536466816380/?multi_permalinks=989934901409865&notif_id=1592501000807187&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

I'm sure that @cstojano will enjoy the recently posted blood bowl if you haven't already seen

Edited by Bronty

4 minutes ago, Bronty said:

I've put this invite out before but anyone interested in this type of material that hasn't seen the facebook group is welcome to join here https://www.facebook.com/groups/502536466816380/?multi_permalinks=989934901409865&notif_id=1592501000807187&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

I'm sure that @cstojano will enjoy the recently posted blood bowl if you haven't already seen

Yes, tried to buy that one myself but apparently too late. But its that damn Easley recently posted that has me shedding tears at night ;) Incidentally, just downloaded that game for free, after loading I spent about 3 minutes "playing it" before deleting it. Some things are best left as memories.

1 minute ago, cstojano said:

Yes, tried to buy that one myself but apparently too late. But its that damn Easley recently posted that has me shedding tears at night ;) Incidentally, just downloaded that game for free, after loading I spent about 3 minutes "playing it" before deleting it. Some things are best left as memories.

Those later SSI games were abominations.   Unplayable garbage.   Cool covers.

I had Shadow of the Horned Rat on ps1 as a kid... tried to play it several times.   It was just...  how is this even a game?

Edited by Bronty

2 minutes ago, Bronty said:

Those later SSI games were abominations.   Unplayable garbage.   Cool covers.

I had Shadow of the Horned Rat on ps1 as a kid... tried to play it several times.   It was just...  how is this even a game?

I pulled my first all-nighter one Easter break with the original Bard's Tale. It was glorious, graphing paper and all. Don't suppose that cover OA has been found?? Not the strongest image but I loved that one as a kid. 

2 minutes ago, Bronty said:

No.   And yeah I imagine there would be lots of interest if it did turn up.   

Is the artist known? Dark Tower is another one whose art would draw a ton of interest from the DnD crowd. 

9 hours ago, Bronty said:

Reason #801 that I should probably just suck it up and finally sign up with FB...

If you don't mind me asking, Bronty, since you seem fairly tuned in to this scene, do you happen to know if any original artwork from Gottlieb artist Gordon Morrison's is out there?   I have a couple of backglasses of his (Dragon and Genie) and have always been a sucker for the comic book style he brought to pinball.  I've long been curious if any of his original art is still around.

I like Morrison’s work also although that era of pinball is a bit before my time so I am not so knowledgeable about it.   I don’t know of any of that art surviving.   I could be wrong, but I haven’t seen anything. 

Edited by Bronty

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

I like this auctioneer

Yeah he is the most entertaining and uses that line "great pieces make great collections." Simple but true.

It sounds like they have a few viewers at the auction. It might be an entertaining lot. I'm just going to be satisfied with this.

1762380155_DragonsLairTrilogyCollection.thumb.png.4fd60110f43100636fc14df880937a0b.png

And of course finding a good cel and original background.

Searching for that original Dragon's Lair poster art pencil work that was posted on the previous page. I did find someone who put that drawing in a development archive on what I call "The Archive." They also have Dragon's Lair II and Space Ace development materials. Might be worth a look for some.

https://archive.org/details/RetroGameArtbooksAndIllustrations

Edited by GeneticNinja

51 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

At this snail's pace, the UK guys will be asleep by the time we get to Dragon's Lair...

It really is slow AF.    I like hte guy, but let's pick up the pace.

Edited by Bronty

Yup definitely slow.

I was eyeing some of the Bakshi lots and have to scratch my head. That Lothlorien piece, odd as it was, was offered on his site for years at 2800. I thought I was the only guy who collected this stuff. 4k with bp, odd.