• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dragon's Lair & Space Ace Original Poster Artwork on Heritage

103 posts in this topic

On 7/8/2020 at 10:39 AM, cstojano said:

I was the loser kid that got Intellivision. I recently looked around for those old games and was shocked to see sealed copies for <10 dollars. HA!

Beyond that it was PC games for me, Temple of Apshai, Wizardry, A Bard's Tale, and the first King's Quest and then I aged out.

I only remember owning a bad Tron game and Snafu on Intellivision. I probably had a few more. I guess I'll check wiki on that. I know Last Gamer had a episode where he talked about getting sealed games, if not unopened boxes of games for some of those old systems for dirt cheap.

On 7/11/2020 at 12:22 AM, GeneticNinja said:

I only remember owning a bad Tron game and Snafu on Intellivision. I probably had a few more. I guess I'll check wiki on that. I know Last Gamer had a episode where he talked about getting sealed games, if not unopened boxes of games for some of those old systems for dirt cheap.

I played utopia on INTV with a friend a lot.   It was a decent system.   

People should take caution with what they pay for pre crash sealed.   The industry imploded overnight in circa 84 due to excess inventory and so there is a metric ton of certain games from that era around.   That was not the experience on later systems because they sold through quickly and inventory levels were kept low.   Just as importantly there’s never been much demand.

Edited by Bronty

1 hour ago, Bronty said:

I played utopia on INTV with a friend a lot.   It was a decent system.   

People should take caution with what they pay for pre crash sealed.   The industry imploded overnight in circa 84 due to excess inventory and so there is a metric ton of certain games from that era around.   That was not the experience on later systems because they sold through quickly and inventory levels were kept low.   Just as importantly there’s never been much demand.

also loved Utopia, I remember something about ordering up a rebellion on your enemy's island. That and Astrosmash were the two I remember the most. 

My poor thumbs.