• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic "oddities" and how they are handled

10 posts in this topic

I found an "oddity" - literally a cover with no contents on a Walmart giant. The only way I can see to confirm the "book" is just a cover is how the cover folding is not square (as these are squarebound format). I suspect that further review likely would not find any binding material inside the cover, though I am in no hurry to introduce any more wear than necessary.

I know double covers get special labeling and that there is a "CVR" label, but are there options to get this certified as a legitimate "cover only" manufacturing error?

IMG_1575.jpg

IMG_1576.jpg

• Administrator

Good morning, thanks for your message.  Our graders would have to examine it to determine if it was just a regular book that had the cover torn off or removed or if this was a legitimate error done during manufacturing.  We could not really make a determination without examining it first, unfortunately.  If you have any questions on how to submit, you can reach our customer service department at 877-662-6642 or at submissions@cgccomics.com.

Thanks!

I understand that it would have to be assessed, but assuming it were to come back as a legitimate manufacturer's defect, what type of label would it get? I'm used to blue label and have seen the other colors, as well as books that have no grade where it just says CVR on the slab and am curious how it would be labeled.

FYI, I submitted this "book" (I know, cover only) and it just came back with CVR and didn't really make a specific callout of a manufacturers defect. Is this what should have happened? A bit confused, as if it wasn't deemed authentic, I wouldn't have had it slabbed.

11 hours ago, koolpapazulu said:

FYI, I submitted this "book" (I know, cover only) and it just came back with CVR and didn't really make a specific callout of a manufacturers defect. Is this what should have happened? A bit confused, as if it wasn't deemed authentic, I wouldn't have had it slabbed.

Well it IS the cover only, not sure why you'd even bother considering slabbing something like this.