• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Worst Thing Your Significant Other Has Said About Your Comic Hobby
1 1

76 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Dr. Love said:

former wife - "hey let's get a divorce", followed by "give me half the cost basis of those comics"

me - "you can have half the comics, that's the deal"

she - "uhhh...pass"

this truly happened to me

present wife - "what is CGC thinking?  that book should be a 9.0, not an 8.0!!!"

this truly happened to me

upgrade, baby

Hahaha andy! Hope I find a 2nd wife like yours sir! Lucky man!!:wishluck:

11 hours ago, piper said:

She’s never said a bad word about my collection. My wife doesn’t really understand it but has tagged along for an afternoon to check out the Cosplay at a local show. Her favourite character is She Hulk because she also practices Law.

it helps that you actively try to keep your collection manageable. I wonder what her reaction would be if you had 40 long boxes in the basement.

I came home from work to find my entire comic collection gone. When I asked her what happened she said:

"for far to long YOU have been wasting time and money. I had some help today and I have thrown your comics away. YOU need to learn about what is important in your life."

Let me know if there is a prize and if I win.

6 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

it helps that you actively try to keep your collection manageable. I wonder what her reaction would be if you had 40 long boxes in the basement.

I'd get my :censored: kicked!

Edited by piper

3 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I came home from work to find my entire comic collection gone. When I asked her what happened she said:

"for far to long YOU have been wasting time and money. I had some help today and I have thrown your comics away. YOU need to learn about what is important in your life."

Didnt you throw out all her shoes in retribution?

48 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

/end thread 

7 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

not all. I left one pair of runners, winter boots and 1 pair of black dress shoes

youre just trying to show her what's important in life.

1 minute ago, Artboy99 said:

that would be a waste of time. The only person that can show her anything is herself.

hopefully you mortgaged your home to re buy all the comics she threw out.

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

@Artboy99 Please tell me you are just making up this horrific event! 

33 minutes ago, Comics4All said:

OMG I am so sorry for you !

Please tell me it was mostly 90s Drek.... 

it was the collection I acquired starting at age 5 until in my 20's. Back then you bought the book you found in hand as there was no internet. They were not minty copies but I had a lot of books. AF15, Spidey 1 to 200, Hulk 1-6, Avengers, etc.