• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What percentage of your OA is displayed?

30 posts in this topic

Art values have appreciated beyond what I ever dreamed possible. The best stuff in a safety deposit box. That’s a shame and defeats the purpose of why I got in to collecting.

at home I rotate 3-4 sketches and keep a portfolio book of con sketches from 1979-today.

19 minutes ago, malvin said:

err.. if you are doing that, how about an electronic picture frame then that rotates hi res scans of your art

Malvin

I thought about that, but if I want to see a particular piece then I have to wait until it rotates to that piece. With an art book I can study the art closely if I choose and spend as little or as long as I want looking at it. Both options have pros and cons. I am surprised more people don't have electronic picture frames in their comic rooms rotating through their unframed or currently off the wall art.

18 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

Currently 1%, but I was thinking of scanning all of my art and create a coffee table book. Maybe through one of those photo book companies, if allowed, so I can always look at my work, but not worry about framing issues, UV light and the issue with space.

You can also scan it, with thumb nails (for future convenience) in an organized fashion and put it on a thumb drive for importation to a different device. I am in the process of doing that for my old iPad. 

I have three out of some two dozen pages framed on my wall at any given time. The art tends to rotate.

19 hours ago, grapeape said:

Art values have appreciated beyond what I ever dreamed possible. The best stuff in a safety deposit box. That’s a shame and defeats the purpose of why I got in to collecting.

at home I rotate 3-4 sketches and keep a portfolio book of con sketches from 1979-today.

It’s amazing that you have art that is valuable enough to have to be kept in a safety deposit box. But somehow this makes me sad.

19 hours ago, Stefanomjr said:

About 35%

HilrRrVp.jpg

Very tastefully done. 

18 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

I thought about that, but if I want to see a particular piece then I have to wait until it rotates to that piece. With an art book I can study the art closely if I choose and spend as little or as long as I want looking at it. Both options have pros and cons. I am surprised more people don't have electronic picture frames in their comic rooms rotating through their unframed or currently off the wall art.

Having my collection up on CAF fulfils this purpose for me. I can just load that up on my iPad and look at my whole collection (when I’m too lazy to pull out a portfolio).