• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What percentage of your OA is displayed?

30 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, John E. said:

0%

i like holding the pages. Smelling the paper and ink. 

that's like raw books (as opposed to slabs for me)...smell the pages :x

All my OA is displayed, but not framed on walls. 

Edited by Primetime

9 hours ago, Primetime said:

that's like raw books (as opposed to slabs for me)...smell the pages :x

All my OA is displayed, but not framed on walls. 

Maybe I'm dumb and there is an obvious answer, but how is your OA displayed?

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

Maybe I'm dumb and there is an obvious answer, but how is your OA displayed?

It isn’t dumb. In my case, I have one framed piece on a wall, that was framed about 30 years ago. The others are in Mylar sleeves I place on furniture. Every once in a while, I rotate them in and out of folios.

32 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

It isn’t dumb. In my case, I have one framed piece on a wall, that was framed about 30 years ago. The others are in Mylar sleeves I place on furniture. Every once in a while, I rotate them in and out of folios.

I use our upright piano as a display easel for things for sale or display.  Here I show a sample picture from 2019.  The stuff is likely long gone.

It's an example of furniture display. Click to enlarge.

David

292019piano.jpg

I just did the calculation: 23%. But I have to say I started with framing a lot but now I appreciate more and more perusing my collection in portfolios. I pay a lot of attention to the chronological order so going through those is truly a trip down memory lane 

I’d say less than 10% but not for lack of funds or art.  I have very little wall space available.  I have to cherry pick the best pieces of art and what makes it so hard is that I acquire better and better pieces every so often.  It’s a conundrum!

Edited by Benedict Judas Hel

2 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

Currently 1%, but I was thinking of scanning all of my art and create a coffee table book. Maybe through one of those photo book companies, if allowed, so I can always look at my work, but not worry about framing issues, UV light and the issue with space.

I never hear of this as an option,
link or more information please...

2 hours ago, MagnusX said:

I never hear of this as an option,
link or more information please...

Ordering a book through Shutterfly or Mixbook. You can choose the paper, size, cover and so on. Like making your own IDW Artists Edition, but with your own art.

https://www.mixbook.com/photo-books

5 hours ago, Captain Canuck said:

Currently 1%, but I was thinking of scanning all of my art and create a coffee table book. Maybe through one of those photo book companies, if allowed, so I can always look at my work, but not worry about framing issues, UV light and the issue with space.

I like this idea...hmmm!